Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Eyepoppers

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I remember seeing that card on the checklist and really wanting it. A triple with Carlton would be the dream.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
To think that group-ownership MJ 10 was bought for $161K, had an offer of $225K or something, which was rejected by the shareholders last week, and this week they're selling for more than triple that. Just insanity. Where were these people before last year? Did they not know cards existed? Did they have to wait for them to become "hot alternative investments" again? Did someone need to lead them to the water?

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
To think that group-ownership MJ 10 was bought for $161K, had an offer of $225K or something, which was rejected by the shareholders last week, and this week they're selling for more than triple that. Just insanity. Where were these people before last year? Did they not know cards existed? Did they have to wait for them to become "hot alternative investments" again? Did someone need to lead them to the water?
Pretty sure these people simply weren’t aware of the sports card market.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
A BGS 9.5 2014 Flawless Lou Gehrig sold for $325. This set is 100 cards, numbered to 20, with a diamond embedded in them. I've been collecting this set since it came out and that's the highest price I've seen on any such card. Maybe a green #/5 or 1/1 may have sold for more, but that's a pretty strong price on a #/20, especially for a Gehrig.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
A couple of guys who do breaks out of my LCS have been paying $800+ for Panini football BLASTERS (I don't know which product, not a football guy). Yes, $800+ for blasters, and they're still making huge money off of those breaks.

Latest posts