Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Spring Training Stat Line Report Volume 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Zack Wheeler and Justin Smoak are today's stat line report. | Freedom Card Board.com

[h=2]The Spring Training Statline Report Volume 2[/h] cgilmo / February 23, 2013 / No comments / Edit
zack-wheeler-216x300.jpg

The first full day of spring training should be a National Holiday. I realize that opening day probably has dibs if baseball gets a fully recognized holiday. However for the followers of emerging talent it is spring training that makes us take notice. I took notice of a couple of guys today.

#1 Zack Wheeler P NYM 2 IP 1 h 1 bb 2k

He’s been on the prospect radar for quite a while now and this is the year he should break through. It started rough as he walked the first hitter and threw the next pitch to the backstop. He rebounded to total 30 pitches with 19 of them strikes in an impressive spring training debut for a rookie.

The Mets have said that he would start the year in AAA, I for one would love to see Zack force their hand and earn a spot in the rotation from day 1.

#2 Justin Smoak 1B Texas 1-3 HR 2 RBI

If anyone is at a make or break point in their MLB career it’s Justin Smoak. With his kind of potential an OPS of .650 just isn’t going to cut it. Today’s bomb off Boxburger is a welcome sign. He’s the full time first baseman in Seattle as Eric Wedge chose him over Kendrys Morales. I can’t imagine him still being there if he has that .650 ops at the all star break. He’s gotta do something, and soon.

Members online

Latest posts