Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

While looking at the Cubs and SF Giants box score

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
I noticed A. Villalona went 1-3 in the game. I thought this guy killed someone?

Edit to add: I just read an article about him being acquitted of the murder charge.

I guess my question is that if he starts out on a tear is there any chance that his cards are brought back to life or will anybody even care?

Last edited:

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Production would be the deciding factor. Imagine if he went OFF and came out of no where. Maybe those old boxes of '08 chrome will actually sell.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
Production would be the deciding factor. Imagine if he went OFF and came out of no where. Maybe those old boxes of '08 chrome will actually sell.

Hive do you think there's a chance "if" he produces at a high level that he could pull a Josh Hamilton. I mean being a druggie and a murderer are two very different things

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Hive do you think there's a chance "if" he produces at a high level that he could pull a Josh Hamilton. I mean being a druggie and a murderer are two very different things

Only to the exent that production trumps all. I don't think that people will fall in love with his story, but I also think that by the time he were to get "huge" (I don't think this will happen, but I'm leaving the option open), prices would out-pace any negative backlash. All of this happened in another country and people will only care about him "sockin' some dingers" (to quote Mr. McGwire).

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
His cards died right after the murder charges in 2009 and stayed dead until after the murder charges got dropped (he paid the victim's family <$200k), sued the Giants to let him resume baseball activity, and got added to the 40 man roster in late 2011 to protect him from the Rule 5 draft.

They're still not at the levels they were when he was a teenage prospect, but at 22, he's still young enough to be considered a "prospect."

A BGS 9.0 2008 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor AU sold for $150 recently.

Members online

Latest posts