Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay Warning...Please read or you will be kicked off ebay..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jun 30, 2010
Been on ebay for many years, have 4000 items listed and have great feedback with 15,000+ transactions..Recently got a 7 day restriction of selling privilages for having a duplicate listing( same 8x10 photo of player, different autograph). Since my title and item description was the same( used template from Ebays Turbo Lister Program), even though the autographs were different, got 7 day restriction.

Fast forward to today..Ebay found another item that was same photo but different autograph. Got restricted for 30 days now!!!After speaking with Ebay representative and even after she agreed that they were 2 different items, she would not lift my 30 day selling restriction( cannot list any new items for 30 days) because the wording was the same...Quote: "I would like to help you and I know the autographs are different, but this is Ebay's policy because the title and description wording is the same" She had final decision, so she said

I have a hunch that in the near future they will find something of mine similar and that I will be suspended from Ebay.

My suggestion to you all. Make sure any item that you list does not have the same wording in title and or description, even if totally different item. You will be restricted or suspended. If you list 2 different Mantle autographs then type descriptions and title totally different.

When will it end?

First, Ebay ended 40,000 listings of mine( yes, you read that right) because I had in my item description that I accepted Visa/Mastercard/Cash and Money Orders.

Then I lost 10,000 more listings because I had my email address and phone number in my listings.

Then I got a glitch in Turbo Lister and lost ALL my info and couldn't be recovered even after I had done back-ups

Now this.

I understand why Ebay had the policy in place( they don't want anyone clogging up the system with 500 of the same exact item. However this is crazy!!!!!

Another suggestion..Have a back up plan.

Bryan@ Kennesaw Sportscards
Ebay ID Kabryman

Check it out...I may not be on there much longer

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
You need to press the issue with eBay. It's hogwash that they are suspending you for a single minute when you have two different items up for sale. Make their life miserable.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
They have zero flexibility in their policies. Logical or not...they are as rigid as Ron Jeremy's cryogenically frozen member.

It's a company-wide policy and tremendous fault.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
This is a problem with being a monopoly. A while ago, they were suspending people and restricting listings left and right.

That seemed to stop for a hwhile. Id agree with Andrew and try to run this up to a supervisor (in the United States, who speaks English and may possess a modicum of reasonableness and logic).

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I've had items removed as well for this same reason, I sell a lot of starter jackets and sometimes have 2 of the same teams at the same time. not sure how yours was listed as far as auction or buy it now but I think if you have them listed at 2 different prices that's a way around it. for instance right now I have 2 Angels starters same size listed, one is listed at 154.99 obo and one at 134.99 obo and this is after they removed one for being the same item. either way its a bunch of BS.... id call back and raise hell. good luck

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Its the only game in town, when they say jump I say how high. Arent we all trained by now. I hate it but it is what it is.

Jun 30, 2010
Anyone have another number......I have called the 866-540-3229 number.

This is a problem with being a monopoly. A while ago, they were suspending people and restricting listings left and right.

That seemed to stop for a hwhile. Id agree with Andrew and try to run this up to a supervisor (in the United States, who speaks English and may possess a modicum of reasonableness and logic).

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
So if you had two Bryce Harper refractor cards, you cannot use the same title and description in separate auctions?

Yep you need to list them in the same auction. like a Bin with a set price.

I have 2 copies of a card I wanted to sell with separate suctions. I listed both but eBay end the other one saying was a duplicate auction. I was not even refunded my listing fee, even after I called them and complained to them.

They are sucking ass big time as of late. In another issue I had, I posted the wrong photo in an auction and needed to correct it. But in this day and age you can't revise and delete the wrong photo, you can only add the right photo in and then there is 2 photos in the auction now instead of what you really want them to see.

I tried to revise the auction once I see the error and I could not delete the wrong one and add the right one, I could only add another photo. I called and they told me it is so you can't bait and switch once the auction is listed. I told them I used to be able to correct the mistakes I made but not now.

They told me to just add the in the Description that you will get the item in the second photo and not the first. Luckily the buyer of mine even messaged me and said he know what he was getting in the auction anyway.

here is my listing I could not change. Note the Darvish card listed and the second one was for the title of the Auction
2013 Topps Heritage Chrome Refractor Mike Olt Jurickson Profar 564 | eBay

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
You can run multiple auctions of the same item, fixed price you can not.

You can only one will come up in the search until the first one gets a bid on it. and then so on in that order.
That was the message I got just last month when I tried to list 2 copies of the same card.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I ran into this problem a couple months ago. They suspended me from listing anything for 2 weeks b/c of duplicate listings (they were in fact duplicate listings they removed though. Non #'d insert cards that I didn't realize I had more than 1 of - but we are talking about $1.99 and $2.99 cards here). Anyway I asked about #'d cards (like say I have 2 Jose Bautista blue refractors from Bowman Chrome) and the rep said to put the serial # in the front of the listing in one and the other at the end. Been doing that and they don't seem to take them down.

But yeah, it frustrated me that they are policing that so hard. I understand why they don't want duplicate listings - to keep sellers from listing the same item with multiple title listings (essentially gaining extra "title space" for minimal charge) - but c'mon? Who's going to waste their time doing that for auctions under $5? They should just ignore everything with a BIN under $5 that has a duplicate listing.

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
I have been caught by this a couple of times. All that you have to do is add an A, or a 1 to the listing and they wont ding you. This also works if you have a BIN?BO listing that you also have an auction going because you have multiples.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I agree the policy is ridiculous in certain cases, such as yours.
However, after you got the 7-day restriction, why didn't you correct the situation on your other auctions before you got the 30-day selling restriction?

I realize you had thousands of auctions to sift through, but if you break a rule the first time, fix the problem so you don't get hit harder.
If a baseball player is suspended for breaking a rule, he's going to get suspended longer if he does it again.

Members online

Latest posts