Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ebay getting tougher and tougher.....no more emails..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jess0304

Oct 10, 2012
WOW, they won't let you email AT ALL now. I used to be able to contact people and include an email address. They nixed that today....you can now upload photos through the ebay messenger.

BRUTAL!

hohlernr

Dec 1, 2012
Michigan
Been posted before. Several ways around this.

Good luck with all those ways around it. They've cracked down on most of those. It legitimately took me 15 minutes yesterday to find a way to send my email through.

It's especially tough when you don't know the IQ level of the person you're sending it too. I'm always afraid they'll mess something up if I don't make it so obvious.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
It's been like this for months for me. Just respond to an ebay message from your email, not through ebay. Or just type the address in various ways. Or attach an image with ur email

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
just tried many ways and didnt work anymore. buyer offered to pay fees - otherwise woulda given fcb/bo id

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
Yeah, tried the name AT server Dot com yesterday and it didn't work.

But here's an idea. Let's not publicly discuss ways around the protection that the auction site is trying to do.

jess0304

Oct 10, 2012
name at server dot com no longer works...its ridiculous. WOW they are really clamping down. It didnt work for me a few days ago thats why i posted...

As for puting email in the aucitons, a member here had THOUSANDS, yes THOUSANDS of auctions ended by ebay because of that. I use auctiva to list and about a year ago ebay did the same thing to me.

Jun 30, 2010
Correct, about 30,000 lisings ended because I had email address in item description............

name at server dot com no longer works...its ridiculous. WOW they are really clamping down. It didnt work for me a few days ago thats why i posted...

As for puting email in the aucitons, a member here had THOUSANDS, yes THOUSANDS of auctions ended by ebay because of that. I use auctiva to list and about a year ago ebay did the same thing to me.

gpenko826

Feb 15, 2011
It's utterly ridiculous. How the heck are you supposed to contact anyone if you can't get an e-mail address to them? I tried to back into it 4 different ways this afternoon and finally gave up. You can't even give anyone a PayPal ID to ship money to! Why does e-bay feel the need to keep restricting what we can do on a site we pay to use??

First, we all get selling limits based on what they they think is best for us. I've never iin my life heard of a business restricting the amount of business you can give them! Now we can't even do something simple like INCLUDE A CONTACT METHOD in our e-mail or listing? Please oh please SOMEONE come up with a viable alternative that people will use!!

Greg

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
They don't allow you to include email addresses because it's pretty much used to work off ebay deals, causing them to lose their 12%. It's the right way to go for them honestly. There are plenty of ways around it, none of which take more than 30 seconds.

Now the selling limits part is absurd. I finally got mine raised, and only by waiting on hold for over an hour. My selling limit was put in place for no reason, maxed out at 100 listings and $2500. I had 1500+ FB and 1 negative at the time. Had one batch of sales that seemingly got delayed at the PO for some reason, leading to a few 2-3* DRS's, and they limited my account, even though I hadn't had an issue in 5+ years of selling.

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
Is anyone actually getting notifications saying their messages aren't going through? I have never gotten this message but I have a few sellers who I haven't heard back from after messaging them through eBay for offline deals. One was after we agreed on a price and then he sent me his phone number.

Last edited:

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Is anyone actually getting notifications saying their messages aren't going through? I have never gotten this message but I have a few sellers who I haven't heard back from after messaging them through eBay for offline deals. One was after we agreed on a price and then he sent me his phone number.

Yes. It would say something like "this message cannot be sent as we think it includes an email. For your protection please removed the email address"

Members online

Latest posts