Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tris Speaker Autographed Baseball Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshB.

Aug 20, 2008
California
This is a question for all you high-end Hall of Fame autograph collectors.
We have a Tris Speaker and Ty Cobb autographed Reach Baseball that we are looking for opinions on. The ball itself is a Reach "Cork Center" Official League Ball with Red/Blue stitching. I haven't found much information on it, but it looks to be circa 1920s, possibly game used. If I had to guess, I'd say it is from 1928, when Speaker and Cobb played on the same team. The Speaker Autograph is pretty nice, a little faded. The Ty Cobb Autograph is not looking good, and barely legible.

So, I have two questions. One, how much would be a reasonable estimate of the value of this baseball. And two, how should be go about selling it? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Here are some scans from a while ago. I will try to post better pictures later.
Speaker1.jpg

Speaker2.jpg

Speaker3.jpg

Speaker5.jpg

EDIT- It is certified by MastroNet.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Everything relates to the quality of the autographs first, then the appearance of the ball.

When pics are posters...the pros should be able to ballpark it.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Without better photos...I'll ballpark a price at $1200.

The Speaker autograph is on the sweet spot, and while there is ink loss, I can't tell exactly how much from that scan/photo.

I doubt it would go for more than that...and possibly less due to the ink loss.

Members online

Latest posts