Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Card show rant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
So I'm up here in boston at the shriners show & many many dealers are pissed!

For some crazy reason, the promoter thought it was a good idea to bring in holga korbet (gymnast) & some young girl from "dance moms"

The result? HUNDREDS of 12 yr old girls & their moms running around.
And we all know that the target demo of card shows are pre pubescent girls & moms!

Instead of of these guests, how about bringing in a player(s) BOYS can relate to, or their dads? You know, the demo who actually buy cards!

There is such a lack of boys here its sad & having bill russell (& his zillion rules & prices), havlicek don't cut it.

From what ive been told, many dealers won't be coming back.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
How much for a Bill Russell signed item??? He's from Louisiana

A million $. But no flash pics, no pics w/o flash, no videos.

I think he also requires you to wear ankle lenght socks & hanes tagless t shirts.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008

I think he also requires you to wear ankle lenght socks & hanes tagless t shirts.

It's better than the 30 years he was the hardest to get Superstar signature in any sport when he signed nothing what so ever.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I was up at Mansfield, place was half-empty but everyone I heard from was happier there than in Wilmington. Found some dime boxes full of #'ed 90's inserts and 2005 Playoff Prestige AL East parallels (Ichiro,Nolan Ryan, Griffey Jr.), so I think I made the right choice as well!

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
For every 100 penny pinching Fathers with their sons it would be great to get one female like Lisu. Maybe the baseball show might make an impression on some of those little girls.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008

With his rings he can ask for just about anything
tumblr_m8lg95uVp51r6ombko1_500.jpg

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Sorry to hear that show sucks. Try the REAL Shriner's show in the fall, it's much better. ;)

Yeah, now I understand the difference between this & the real shriners show.

Im going to try the november show, problem is I have heard that theres a waiting list.

WJCIII

Dec 30, 2008
It's hard to blame the promoter for bringing in guests he think he can sell autographs of. His job is to make money just like the dealers. God knows everybody is sick of the same old B and C level Red Sox, Patriots, etc. that are there every year. The only way to show that you're upset with the way the show is being promoted is to stop going. Having said that, I've got $100 that says the show will be there again next year and 90% of the people saying they're not going anymore will be set up in their same old spots. People complain about 1 thing or another after this show every April.

Members online

Latest posts