Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay - Seeing real ending price for best offers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pootshwan

Jan 26, 2010
Connecticut
Up until this point I have been using the .au trick to see what items sold for. This is no longer working for me...

Is there another way to see what items have sold for in best offers? :confused:

Thanks,
Steve

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
It works on the app for me, but if I click on the auction and then go back, the sold price shows as the original buy it now price. Hope that makes sense.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Instead of logging in to CA or AU ebay, I just search highest priced items first on completed and the best offer ones will land at whatever price it sold for, so you can get a pretty good idea on what it went for that way. Just narrow your search down enough to make it easy to find your item you want to know what its value is. Say, like the Jeff Bagwell 1999 Upper Deck Emerald Green #01 /22 card that sold a few days ago where someone on here wanted to know what the best offer price was. Just go search 1999 Black Diamond, highest priced items first, and then scroll down or Control F to find the Bagwell, you'll see it right in front of a $34.99 Michael Jordan card and behind a $35.00 Shareef Abdul Rahim card, so you know the offer was $35.

speedmasterp

Nov 5, 2012
Baltimore, MD
You would think by now eBay would realize that people have figured out a workaround and just let us see the sold at price without having to spend an extra 5 seconds chaing the url.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
You would think by now eBay would realize that people have figured out a workaround and just let us see the sold at price without having to spend an extra 5 seconds chaing the url.
Can someone please explain this process, I was unaware of it prior to now. THANKS!

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
Found another way to see BO prices. Just click on the completed listing and then go back to the eBay home page right after. The first thing that should pop up on the top of the page in the sliding window is recently viewed items. It automatically posts the BO price underneath the item.

Sorry if this has been posted but I just realized it.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
The real question is, why was this taken away in the first place?

+1, why remove a feature to make market price a mystery? With no references and a less educated buyer/seller population, you'll get some people who will offer more than going rate (ebay makes more money), but you'll get just the same number or more that will offer less than the going rate (i.e., ebay loses money). Doesn't seem to make much sense.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
+1, why remove a feature to make market price a mystery? With no references and a less educated buyer/seller population, you'll get some people who will offer more than going rate (ebay makes more money), but you'll get just the same number or more that will offer less than the going rate (i.e., ebay loses money). Doesn't seem to make much sense.

I think this may have been requested by larger sellers who are selling quantities of items. They do not want potential buyers to know what offers they have accepted, hoping to get them to pay more? Just a theory.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I think this may have been requested by larger sellers who are selling quantities of items. They do not want potential buyers to know what offers they have accepted, hoping to get them to pay more? Just a theory.

True, although I thought in the past the sale prices weren't shown until after the entire quantity had been sold for quantity listings. I'm not sure though.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
The real question is, why was this taken away in the first place?

Because there are owned by Topps :lol:

Members online

Latest posts