Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which players did you once love, but now can't stand?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I used to love watching Josh Hamilton play for my hometown Rangers. He was really likeable and has the sweetest swing.

Then for some reason last year, he suddenly gave up, didn't hustle, had a crappy attitude and eventually went to the rival Angels.
Now I can't stand the guy and I'm kind of glad he's playing horribly this season (especially because he's an Angel).

Are there any players who you once admired or loved to watch play, but now hate because of something they did? (bad attitude, went to rival team, criticized fans, etc.)

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Didn't really hate the guy, always secretly rooted for him...but Mike Mussina broke my heart going from the O's to the Yankees. I fully believe he'll be in Cooperstown some day, might take 10 ballots...but he'll get there. I only hope he goes in as an Oriole b/c he had his best years with the O's.

Ironically enough, most of the reason he went to NY was for a ring and never got one with the Yankees. He joined them in 2001 the year after they beat the Mets and retired after the 2008 season, the year before they beat the Phillies.

Man, I can vividly remember as a 15 year old how dominant he was in the 1997 playoffs. I really thought we were winning the WS that year....not sure how we lost to the Indians. Sigh.

He could've stuck around for 3-4 more years and gotten 300 wins and 3,000 K's, but he chose to hang them up while he was on top. Can't have nothing but respect for that.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Arod in the 90s vs. Arod now.

Agreed! I met him in Kansas city when he was visiting from seatle. I was 11 or 12 and I remember him talking to me and my brother about baseball for a few minutes while he was warming up. Didn't sign anything but it was an awesome to have a 'superstar' talking to you at that age. Still one of my cooler memories.

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
Didn't really hate the guy, always secretly rooted for him...but Mike Mussina broke my heart going from the O's to the Yankees. I fully believe he'll be in Cooperstown some day, might take 10 ballots...but he'll get there. I only hope he goes in as an Oriole b/c he had his best years with the O's.

Ironically enough, most of the reason he went to NY was for a ring and never got one with the Yankees. He joined them in 2001 the year after they beat the Mets and retired after the 2008 season, the year before they beat the Phillies.

Man, I can vividly remember as a 15 year old how dominant he was in the 1997 playoffs. I really thought we were winning the WS that year....not sure how we lost to the Indians. Sigh.

He could've stuck around for 3-4 more years and gotten 300 wins and 3,000 K's, but he chose to hang them up while he was on top. Can't have nothing but respect for that.

Moose was one of my favorites when he was a Yankee. It's a shame he never got his ring. Him and Giambi both had some bad luck arriving just after a WS and leaving just before a WS win. That last year he was incredible though, with his first 20 win season. I hope he makes it to cooperstown one day as well. He can even wear an O's cap ;)

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
Nolan Ryan was one of my favorites when I was a kid. Now I'm convinced he was a roider and also don't like him for personality reasons

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I was mad when Berkman and Oswalt weren't with us any more. But I can hardly be mad at them considering the astros have left a roach-like fecal trail covering both leagues since 2006.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Mark McGwire. Was at his first game ever played @ Coors Field in 1998 and he jacked 2 HRs over the scoreboard. Now we all know why they went that far.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
Ken Griffey Jr - Idolized him growing up but when he cried himself out of Seattle demanding a trade, I lost all respect for him.
Ichiro - Loved him on the Mariners. Got traded to the Yankees which wasn't his fault, but then when he signed with them after the season I gave up on him.

Members online

Latest posts