Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This weeks sports card podcast is live

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I liked that podcast a lot. I even laughed when Chris zoned out and said he was typing an email. I think the format is good, and Tim's perspective on prospecting and the hobby in general is a good one.

Bottom line, I hope you guys keep it going.

I like hearing success stories and even the ones that didn't tun out so well.

Didn't mean to hit dislike above. Casualty of the iPad. Apologies Timmay!;)

Last edited:

bmc398

May 25, 2009
SO what's easier or more fun for our listeners.....prospecting football or baseball?

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
I liked that podcast a lot. I even laughed when Chris zoned out and said he was typing an email. I think the format is good, and Tim's perspective on prospecting and the hobby in general is a good one.

Bottom line, I hope you guys keep it going.

I like hearing success stories and even the ones that didn't tun out so well.

Didn't mean to hit dislike above. Casualty of the iPad. Apologies Timmay!;)

LOL

Thanks Dan-o!

bmc398

May 25, 2009
Podcast are great. Baseball prospecting is bigger than football.

I'll debate you here....I think that football prospecting is a different beast, but is in fact more popular. Why? Because you can prospect with any and every football wax purchase you make (since all content is rookie heavy) whereas with Baseball the products are more tailored to the niche (prospects with Bowman, set collectors with base Topps, high end vet chasers with Tribute, 5 Star and the like)

kerryfan5

Sep 17, 2012
Ohio thourgh Dickinson, N.D.
Baseball prospecting is a year in year out drama. Kind of like a marathon. While you have football is more of a sprint for prospects of that year. Baseball prospects could take 5 years before any major impact is made.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
Baseball prospecting is a year in year out drama. Kind of like a marathon. While you have football is more of a sprint for prospects of that year. Baseball prospects could take 5 years before any major impact is made.

I think you are right and have come up with the major distinction between the two sports. The buy and flip in football is a 12-18 month process MAX, and in baseball, if you make a successful flip in that period you are probably patting yourself on the back!

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
how about fixing the RSS links? I saw a new episode appear in my RSS feed and downloaded it but it was episode 8. Episode 8 had the exact same mp3 file link so you have a typo there.

Members online

Latest posts