Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Internet Sales Tax....Good for LCS and Shows?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bcubs

Apr 8, 2009
Springfield, IL
Sorry if this has been posted, but with the internet sales tax almost certainly becoming a reality, do you think that will trigger less people to sell singles on Ebay and result in more singles sales locally at brick and mortar shops and local shows? I understand the threshold won't apply to most sellers, but it could dissuade people who either don't know enough about the law, or decide to get out before it gets down to their sales levels.

Last edited:

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Sorry if this has been posted, but with the internet sales tax almost certainly becoming a reality, do you think that will trigger less people to sell singles on Ebay and result in more singles sales locally at brick and mortar shops and local shows? I understand the threshold won't apply to most sellers, but it could dissuade people who either don't know enough about the law, or decide to get out before it get's down to their sales levels.

Even a 15% tax wouldnt be enough to level the playing field. LCS and dealers at shows need to become more competitive from a price perspective...

fsulevine

Mar 5, 2011
Tallahassee, FL
I think it will have little impact at all on the sports card industry, except for maybe the big-time sellers. If anything, it will help the smaller guys like 99% of us as we would not be impacted and if you are selling a John Doe gold refactor that you happened to pull, and the only other one listed is by a big-time seller who has to charge sales tax... who do you think will end up getting the higher bids overall? Whenever I bid on an item, I take into account any s/h and tax charges prior to bidding.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
I think it will have little impact at all on the sports card industry, except for maybe the big-time sellers. If anything, it will help the smaller guys like 99% of us as we would not be impacted and if you are selling a John Doe gold refactor that you happened to pull, and the only other one listed is by a big-time seller who has to charge sales tax... who do you think will end up getting the higher bids overall? Whenever I bid on an item, I take into account any s/h and tax charges prior to bidding.

This. Unless you have a business or tax ID or are selling more than $1 million a year (which would neccesitate having a tax ID) you won't have to charge sales tax.

Members online

Latest posts