Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So frustrating...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
There must be something like a Second Place Syndrome, with a Schroedinger's Cat corollary. I just have a hard time winning 50/50 propositions. Coin flips, opening packs, seeing if an unlabeled door is push or pull, I always guess wrong.

When there's a high-end card on ebay I really want and I place a bid on it, and lately I've come in 2nd. If I decide not to, or forget, it'll sell for well under what I would've bid. I must have a really good feel for what the high bidder will do, and subconsciously either drive the price up, or have pre-bid buyer's remorse and prevent myself from going the extra bit.

Similarly, if there's 1-2 packs left in a box at the shop, and I open them, I'll get nothing. If someone else opens them, they get something. The packs are in a state of containing a hit and not containing a hit, and my fingers drive the hits right out of them.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
You must sacrifice a card to the baseball gods. Take a photo or video of you destroying a card - preferably by fire - then post it here, and your mojo will be restored. It is the only way.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Jobu-Statue2.jpg

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I just might do it. I've had an exceptionally good month, and there's some big auctions ending this weekend, and a sacrifice could be a way to clear my karma.

Members online

Latest posts