Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CJ's Technicolor Battlefield Challenge: We have a Victor!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
This contest will start to move much more quickly starting tomorrow morning, so I thought I'd create a new thread to focus on the process of crowning a winner.

Original Thread

http://www.freedomcardboard.com/for...icolor-battlefield-challenge-may-22-28-a.html

The final battlefield will be completed tonight.

All surviving squares will then be converted to their assigned team for May wins.

The following steps will be taken to determine the winner of $125.

Process

1. The surviving team with the highest May win total will eliminate all teams in their direct horizontal, vertical, and diagonal path. Each of these spaces will turn the color of that team.

2. The surviving team with the next highest win total will eliminate all teams in their direct horizontal and vertical path. Each of these spaces will turn the color of that team.

3. The surviving team with the next highest win total will eliminate all teams in their direct diagonal path. Each of these spaces will turn the color of that team.

4. Step 3 will be repeated until all possible teams have been eliminated.

The team controlling the largest portion of the battlefield will win the challenge.

In the (unlikely) event of a tie (both for May wins and/or most squares on the board), the team having the highest combined strikeout/home run/hits/runs total from Battlefields 1-4 will be the winner.

Again, good luck to all!

Last edited:

trolea1234

Aug 7, 2008
CJ'S Technicolor Battlefield Challenge: Grand Finale

I have no chance. Good luck to those that moved on!!

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
CJ'S Technicolor Battlefield Challenge: Grand Finale

I'm lost, but I love the game Risk, and something feels similar! LOL

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Okay, the 4 battlefields are complete.

Here's the final battlefield with all borders removed.

technicolorgrandfinale.jpg

Here are the current win leaders for May. We'll crown a winner at the end of this week.

Major League Team Stats » 2013 » Pitchers » Dashboard | FanGraphs Baseball

Right now, the leaders are [MENTION=2759]Therion[/MENTION] (Rangers) and [MENTION=4648]TGutta[/MENTION] (Diamondbacks) with 15 wins.

However, there's a logjam at 14, so it's anybody's race!

Good luck!

Last edited:

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Here is the tiebreaker table, in order of priority:

technicolortiebreaker.jpg

If by some fluke clarkzac and Gwynn545 are tied for May wins, clarkzac will take the first move (alphabetical default).

Last edited:

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
If one team stands alone with the most wins at the end of the day tomorrow, do they automatically win first place? Sorry - I'm just still a little confused by it all, but feel like I'm in it :) Even if it's just speculation! If I get it, I have the Angels and if they can win tonight and tomorrow and Rangers lose tomorrow (fat chance against the Royals, but you never know!), I might have the most wins of the active teams in the finals here. If this scenario happens, I don't think any of the other active teams could catch the Angels by the end of tomorrow's game play. Let's say the Rangers do win tomorrow and Angels win tonight/tomorrow - would I still finish in first b/c both Rangers and Angels would have 17 wins for May and I have higher spot in tie breaker grid above? Again, just trying to understand what is going on here.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Don't worry, Bill! I can totally see how this game would be confusing.

To answer your question; no, you do not automatically win the game if you wind up with the most wins. That only determines when you make your final move.

The following steps will be taken to determine the winner:

1. The team with the highest May win total will take control of all spaces in their direct horizontal, vertical, and diagonal path. Each of these spaces will turn the color of that team.

2. The team with the next highest win total will take control of all spaces in their direct horizontal and vertical path. Each of these spaces will turn the color of that team.

3. The team with the next highest win total take control of all spaces in their direct diagonal path. Each of these spaces will turn the color of that team.

Step 3 will be repeated until all teams have had a turn (unless they were already eliminated).

At this point, the team controlling the largest portion of the battlefield will win the challenge.

On June 1st, you'll see how everything plays out.

Last edited:

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
This is one that I'm glad you are taking care of and I don't have to do anything :lol: It is fun keeping up with your updates for it

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
CJ's Technicolor Battlefield Challenge: Grand Finale

So would having the most wins and sitting in the center of the board be ones best bet? No one could knock you off, right? I could control 32 spots from my position while rangers could only get 25 b/c he is up against a side of the board that doesn't all him to capture anything diagonally to the left. Hmmm. Interesting. I just want to figure it out and understand it more than anything else at this point! LOL

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Yes, being in the center of the board and having the first move would technically be your best bet.

However, you can still have spaces "knocked off" by other remaining players who were not in your direct line of fire.

Example:

Suppose you have the first move to occupy all direct horizontal/vertical/diagonal spaces. This would give you 32 spaces at this point:

move1.jpg

Then, suppose Therion has the 2nd move to occupy all direct horizontal/vertical spaces. Now, you would be down to 27 spaces, while Therion would have 18.

move2.jpg

Next, suppose gracecollector has the 3rd move to occupy all direct diagonal spaces. Now, you would only have 20 spaces, Therion would have 13, but gracecollector would take the lead with 22.

move3.jpg

As you can see, all remaining teams would chip away at everyone else's number of squares. You wouldn't be able to determine the winner until all surviving teams have had a turn. Cool, huh?

Last edited:

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Yes and no :) It is cool concept, but everyway I look at it shaking out, I'm toast. L:)L!

Yes, being in the center of the board and having the first move would technically be your best bet.

However, you can still have spaces "knocked off" by other remaining players who were not in your direct line of fire.

Example:

Suppose you have the first move to occupy all direct horizontal/vertical/diagonal spaces. This would give you 32 spaces at this point:

move1.jpg

Then, suppose Therion has the 2nd move to occupy all direct horizontal/vertical spaces. Now, you would be down to 27 spaces, while Therion would have 18.

move2.jpg

Next, suppose gracecollector has the 3rd move to occupy all direct diagonal spaces. Now, you would only have 20 spaces, Therion would have 13, but gracecollector would take the lead with 22.

move3.jpg

As you can see, all remaining teams would chip away at everyone else's number of squares. You wouldn't be able to determine the winner until all surviving teams have had a turn. Cool, huh?

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
THIS POST WILL DETERMINE THE WINNER

Final Battlefield
(before any moves are made)
technicolorgrandfinale.jpg

Priority List
(determines the order of moves)
priority.jpg

Move 1 (Therion)
(all direct vertical/horizontal/diagonal spaces captured)
finale1.jpg

(Gwynn 545, TGutta eliminated)

Move 2 (Bill Menard)
(all direct vertical/horizontal spaces captured)
finale2.jpg

(MrMet eliminated)

Move 3 (gracecollector)
(all direct diagonal spaces captured)
finale3.jpg

(nerdherd020 eliminated)

Move 4 (Matsuicollector)
finale4.jpg

Move 5 (Y4NK335)
finale5.jpg

(Jedi500 eliminated)

Move 6 (SmoakBomb)
finale6.jpg

(clarkzac eliminated)

Final Move (djrulz)
finale7.jpg

(Logan2500 eliminated)

Final Standings
technicolorstandings.jpg

Congrats to [MENTION=1845]gracecollector[/MENTION]! Please PM with your Paypal address so I can reward you with your hazard pay.

Thanks to all who entered. I already have another CJ original contest in the works. Stay tuned...

Last edited:

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Thanks a lot Bill! Haha, I'm still not sure I get this contest, but it was fun, can't wait for the next one!!

Members online

Latest posts