Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This Little Puiggy Is Officially Headed to LA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
He was already being considered for a call up after Kemp's injury (he'd been playing CF in Double-A of late), and now Crawford left the game early today with an injured hamstring.

Might be time to break out your stashes. I'm hopeful Topps will make him Lucky Redemption #4 or #5 .

EDIT: Hmm, well maybe not. Crawford's condition is now being described as a cramp, not a strain.

Last edited:

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
He was already being considered for a call up after Kemp's injury
Puig was never considered according to Mattingly.
From ESPN yesterday:
"Mattingly said the team isn't considering recalling either of its top position-player prospects, Yasiel Puig or Joc Pederson. The Dodgers likely will bring up Tony Gwynn Jr. from Triple-A Albuquerque this weekend."

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Puig was never considered according to Mattingly.
From ESPN yesterday:
"Mattingly said the team isn't considering recalling either of its top position-player prospects, Yasiel Puig or Joc Pederson. The Dodgers likely will bring up Tony Gwynn Jr. from Triple-A Albuquerque this weekend."

That statement from Mattingly was misinterpreted, according to Jon Heyman.

Here's his article - Dodgers need a lift; will wunderkind Yasiel Puig provide it? - CBSSports.com

"The multitalented Cuban defector Puig (pronounced Pweeg) is indeed said by sources connected to the Dodgers to be "under consideration'' for a callup after initial word from manager Don Mattingly initially was interpreted by the media to mean that they were going to pass this time on both their top outfield prospects, Puig and Joc Pederson. And Puig was switched to center field for Thursday in what looks like a clear signal just how seriously the Dodgers are considering his callup."

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
looks like Monday if anything - Dodgers needed magill today but he's expendable after the game.

I was hoping it would be signing the recently-released Kila Ka'aihue and put him in center but from what I've seen of fielding stats, it appears Kila only plays 1B and DH.

i still hope the dodgers sign kila and send him to Albuquerque because I like the guy but I can see there isn't much opportunity for him wtih the Dodgers with Adrian solid at first.

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
dude already big leagues it AA. freakin ****** bag that walks back to the dugout after he makes an out. hustle is not in his vocabulary. ALSO, not a very smart baseball player.

that said, has huge talent

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Re: This Little Puiggy Might Be Headed to LA

It's official -- he's gotten the call!!!!! :D

Sent from my XT907 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Yep, according to MLBN, Dodgers tweeted it about 20 minutes ago.

Could be one of many big-name Call-ups coming throughout the League...

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Puig is going to be a dominant hitter. He destroyed in Spring Training. If he could just stop acting like an idiot.
Expect Andre Ethier to be traded by the deadline. :(

By the way, this thread title wins the award for worst pun.
"This Little Puiggy..." Really?

Last edited:

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Awwww why u mad, bro?
Come up with something better, and I'll use it.
Not mad, just thought it's a bit cringe-worthy since his name is pronounced "Pweeg."
But what pun isn't cringe-worthy, right?
And the phrase, "u mad bro" was last cool about the time your denim jacket was in style.

Last edited:

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Never owned one of those, but thanks for your concern.
First and third images when you Google Image: Jaypers denim

duke.jpg

jaypers_denim.jpg

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
That's a plain blue jacket over a denim shirt. The "piece" is from a pair of jeans. Never owned a denim jacket.

Thanks for playing. Oh, and they were given to the Salvation Army a long time ago.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts