Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Wow....Just wow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abravesfan

Aug 10, 2008
Some on here may remember, I sold my 05 Bowman Heritage Red 1/1 to Wossa on ebay about last January or so for $500... didn't think a Schafer card would cross that after the HGH stuff came out unless he put up some big numbers in the majors, thats crazy

WATER_DOG007

Oct 8, 2008
FLORENCE
chuckbartowski said:
WATER_DOG007 said:
Has any of the RED /5 surfaced??

Not that I know of...I didn't think it would go for more than $300.

Me neither!
I thought at first it wasn't Wossa, but I went back to some old auctions to Double Check and I think Ebay has changed the 2 letters that are shown on competing member names. Again, not for sure! So it might be him??

Wes

OG
Administrator
WATER_DOG007 said:
chuckbartowski said:
[quote="WATER_DOG007":1afuxzoz]Has any of the RED /5 surfaced??

Not that I know of...I didn't think it would go for more than $300.

Me neither!
I thought at first it wasn't Wossa, but I went back to some old auctions to Double Check and I think Ebay has changed the 2 letters that are shown on competing member names. Again, not for sure! So it might be him??[/quote:1afuxzoz]

Factually correct it is him.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
abravesfan said:
Some on here may remember, I sold my 05 Bowman Heritage Red 1/1 to Wossa on ebay about last January or so for $500... didn't think a Schafer card would cross that after the HGH stuff came out unless he put up some big numbers in the majors, thats crazy

Is it really that crazy? Did his stock really take any hit?

The fact is, he is a high-profile braves prospect, and still a top prospect in the minors. He is doing well this spring (the last I checked) and the HGH situation still is a bit murky. He never was caught taking it, nor do experts even know the exact details of the situation. In fact, they never even said he had it in his possession.

I fully expect his cards to keep rising, as he gets closer to be in ATL full time.

rookierolodex

Sep 17, 2008
My only thing with it going that high is a 3rd year removed "RC" but when that product came out his gold ref's were selling close to 200, so thats probably about right or close to it.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
Just in case people didn't see this from last week, I found it very interesting....

Q: What concern do you have regarding Jordan Schafer's HGH suspension? Did you knock him down a few positions on concerns that his prior tools/performance may have been PED inflated?

A:
Jim Callis: To be honest, not a lot. He obviously didn't fail a test for HGH and his suspension has been shrouded in secrecy, so we don't know exactly what he did. Also, there's not a lot of evidence that HGH actually helps a player's performance. He's a premium center fielder who can hit for average and gap power, and his performance once he got his feet back under him last year was fine. So the suspension didn't affect my ranking of him. Let's ask John what he thinks . . .

John Manuel: Hard to say because we don't know that he used. He was suspended for involvement with HGH, but he insists he didn't use performance enhancers. So to me, I just took how he performed last year, the reports that the tools are the tools, his track record going back to his prep days, and consider him a solid to good prospect.

Members online

Latest posts