Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

You say "Not Another Puig Thread, Dude!"... I say "Yes, But I Bet You Didn't Know This"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
You say "Not Another Puig Thread, Dude!"... I say "Yes, But I Bet You Didn't Know This"

We all know what a spectacular, impossible start YP is having.

However, there's a player on his own team that is actually doing more with less. It's Hanley Ramirez.

Consider:

hanpuig.jpg

Puig does have a slight edge in WAR (2.3 to 1.9), but their oWAR (everything except fielding) is the same (2.1).

Of course, Ramirez is already a seasoned veteran with several accolades under his belt. I just wanted to point out how terrific he's been since coming back from injury.

Go Blue!

Last edited:

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
They mentioned this the other night while I was watching MLB TV. I thought it was pretty interesting that Puig was getting all the hype, and Hanley was just going out there and hitting the crap out of the ball.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Re: You say "Not Another Puig Thread, Dude!"... I say "Yes, But I Bet You Didn't Know This"

Plus Hanleys had almost 10 years to sully his reputation with fans

DoverCards

What Ramirez is doing is really impressive, but he has been around for years. You kind of expect this type of ability out of him. Puig on the other hand is a rookie. He has been up for such a short time and what he is doing is nothing short of amazing when you look at it in that perspective. There are loads of veteran superstars that play lights out, but there are few rookies that come up and do what Puig is doing.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
They mentioned this the other night while I was watching MLB TV. I thought it was pretty interesting that Puig was getting all the hype, and Hanley was just going out there and hitting the crap out of the ball.

It shows how the 'hype machine' works, one player is apparently 'sell-able' while the other is not. In several years Puig will probably be where Hanley is now in relation to some other, new kid and so the cycle will begin anew again.

It'll all be interesting to look back at this in another 15 years or so because its the only real way to gain adequate perspective without unnecessary media attention.

Members online

Latest posts