Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HOF pitcher trivia

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Please give it a go before checking google. It's not all that difficult, but I was looking at his stats today, so here goes:

Clues:
1) HOF Pitcher
2) MVP winner
3) Only really played 5 full seasons
4) Injuries were a factor in his retirement

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008

Not Koufax

He fits 3 of the criteria, but he had roughly 8-9 complete seasons, not 5. Actually he was the impetus for the question because when I came across this player I was shocked at how short his career was. We talk about how brief Koufax played, but this guy was around for even a shorter period.

deaconblues63

Oct 25, 2012
Dizzy Dean had his career end early because of an injury sustained in an All-Star game.

It wouldn't surprise me if he had only 5 or 6 full seasons.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Dizzy Dean had his career end early because of an injury sustained in an All-Star game.

It wouldn't surprise me if he had only 5 or 6 full seasons.
He's the one. I had no clue how short his career was.

deaconblues63

Oct 25, 2012
He's the one. I had no clue how short his career was.

He broke his toe on a ball hit back through the box in an All-Star game. He tried to come back to early and changes that he made to his delivery to compensate for the bad toe damaged his shoulder and he was never the same again.

That was an interesting question.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
He broke his toe on a ball hit back through the box in an All-Star game. He tried to come back to early and changes that he made to his delivery to compensate for the bad toe damaged his shoulder and he was never the same again.

That was an interesting question.
1 MVP and 2 second place finishes. Pretty crazy. Last full season at 26 years old.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Wow, great trivia question, and I would never had guessed Dean.
I love reading about baseball history, but for some reason didn't realize his career was so short.
He was a legendary TV commentator too.

Members online

Latest posts