Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone familiar with 2005 Upper Deck Classics? Platinum ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
I was wondering if anyone knows if these were seeded in retail boxes?
I have opened darn near 2 hobby cases of this product and have never pulled one.
I know that they are #'d to 25 but jeesh, not a one.

Yes, I am looking for the Jim Rice but just find it odd that these are so hard to come by.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
This doesn't answer your question about the platinum but the reason Rice is hard to by is because the product wasn't heavily broken at all.
Mike

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
Hey Mike-

It seems as though hobby boxes were much more abundant a couple of years ago because now, they are hardly available on auction on eBay. There are sites that sell them but they are grossly over priced.

hofmichael said:
This doesn't answer your question about the platinum but the reason Rice is hard to by is because the product wasn't heavily broken at all.
Mike

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
Great question.
I checked on the Beckett OPG and under the platinum parallel all it states is that inserts were seeded 1:7 packs.
It doesn't differentiate between Hobby or Retail.

matfanofold said:
What are the chances it was a 'retail only' insert?

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
A_Pharis said:
I pulled some platinums out of retail.

I also pulled 2 wood cards out of two hobby boxes. Ones was Mantle and the other was Dimaggio.

Got scan of those babies?

I think they had some good cuts in that product also

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
Those wood Fantasy Team cards are awesome!
I pulled a Ripken and got $110 for it.
Still, I have never pulled a platinum.

A_Pharis said:
I pulled some platinums out of retail.

I also pulled 2 wood cards out of two hobby boxes. Ones was Mantle and the other was Dimaggio.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts