Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TTM Questions about prospects

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
I would like to get a baseball signed by some of the prospects (and young MLBers) on my Strat-O-Matic team. Has anyone had luck (good or bad) with these guys:

Rick Porcello
Matt Wieters
Max Ramirez
Wilmer Flores
Andrew Miller
Engel Beltre
Neftali Feliz
Scott Elbert
Ryan Zimmerman
Jeff Niemann

I did this several years ago, and most of the players ended up as busts, but it was still cool to have a ball signed by my own team. (Somewhere I have scans of that other ball, I'll post it if I can find them...)

Thanks,

Drew

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
The TTM/IP section of this website will def. help you. Those guys are pretty good, but I was thinking about doing this myself, so I hope someone will give some good info. Hope this helps and good luck! John

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Off the top of my head, there are a few things regarding the players on your list.

Zimmerman has been using a ghost signer the past few years.
Niemann is almost impossible TTM
Andrew Miller charges a fee for charity c/o the Marlins ($20 I believe)

Overall, nobody on your list is a great signer. You may be able to get a few, or even most, but I would think the odds are pretty high that somewhere along the line your ball wouldn't be returned. Just something to consider, though it does sound like a fun project.

Trueplayer

Feb 26, 2009
Rick Porcello did not sign co team but did co home
Matt Wieters sometimes worth a shot
Max Ramirez
Wilmer Flores
Andrew Miller got him last ST 2/2 no fee
Engel Beltre
Neftali Feliz signs
Scott Elbert
Ryan Zimmerman ghost
Jeff Niemann no