Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New stuff at Target-2009 Spectrum Blasters and cheap thrills

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
More on the cheap thrills in a sec...

Today was the day the card lady (in our case, it's a woman who comes around to refill the sportcard section) came to Target. I picked up two Blasters of 09 Spectrum, figuring they would dissappear faster than the Blasters of reg. UD. Here's the goods:

Base cards look like this...

spec1.jpg

Inserts and GU (one per box on average)

spec2.jpg

Got one unnumbered blue parallel in each box, and for the first time in a long time, pulled a couple of PC GU. Griffey and Morneau--SWEET! The cards are gold and blue, not green and blue (not sure how my scanner messed that up!) They look nice!

The most annoying thing--look at the base cards--is picturing players in their old uniforms--Santana as a Twin, Sabathia as an Indian, Haren as an Athletic, etc. There's no reason not to put a current pic of them on the card. Even the Griffeys list him as White Sox, but show him with the Reds. What's going on over there, UD?

And now the cheap thrills. I am a sucker for those repacked $1.59 packs. Certain ones always seem to have something in them, and it worked this way today. Bought four packs of 2005 Leaf, and came away with these babies...

laef1.jpg

and...

dobbs.jpg

DaleMurphyCollector

Aug 7, 2008
Imagination Land
Looks like UD has cut their photographer budget and is digging into the archives to produce cards. Inexcubable not to get people who've played a FULL YEAR with another team pictured in the current uni.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Thanks! According to the UD website, there's a print run of 99 of both cards. Most of the GU are, but It'll be interesting to see what comes out as more gets opened. Last year's Spectrum was a lot of fun to rip, especially with the variety of GU the retail blasters had.

jdpreas

Nov 14, 2008
Greg Cleveland said:
The most annoying thing--look at the base cards--is picturing players in their old uniforms--Santana as a Twin, Sabathia as an Indian, Haren as an Athletic, etc. There's no reason not to put a current pic of them on the card. Even the Griffeys list him as White Sox, but show him with the Reds. What's going on over there, UD?

I noticed this too. The base 09 UD card has Haren in Dbacks Uni but the JSY cards all show him as an A?

Members online

Latest posts