Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Team and or player collectors, come on in, Giveaway!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gojacks63

Jan 23, 2013
I have too many cards. Well over 1,000 from 1985-2013.
Id like to give some away. With that being said I can make team lots. I ask that you post your favorite team and a paragraph or so as to why you collect them and the current size of your collection. I do not care what sport your team is in either. I will select a winner on Thursday.

Last edited:

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
The Astros, pretty much only Jeff Bagwell (but you already knew that) :)

Back in 94 I visited my Aunt in Baton Rouge, LA. We took a road trip to visit Houston, and we visited the Astrodome, took the tour, and stuck around to watch them lose to the Reds. Been rooting for the Stros ever since. (Until they went to the AL, and I moved back to Santa Cruz - Now I pull for the Giants)

Current size, 3089 different Bagwell cards.

Hullfan

Aug 9, 2008
St Louis
Cardinals. and Willie Mcgee.

Been a diehard Cardinals fan since my grandpa took me to my first game as a 7 year old kid. 31 years later I am behind them win or lose. I probably have about 2500 different cards. Here is a picture of my basement with some of my Cardinals stuff.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Royals. Specifically Mous, Hos and Butler.

Living in Kansas, it is obvious. However, when Bo Knows mania swept the nation, I really started to follow them. My collection is rather small, only 300-400 cards. Mainly because of a 2001 house fire and 2006 divorce (sold out to help take care of my three daughters) and have only started collecting them again recently. It's been a long, long journey as a Royals fan that is really starting to pay off.

-------------------------------------

Need Moustakas, Hosmer and patches.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Cubs, specifically Andre Dawson. When I was younger I would watch He-Man cartoons and the Cubs game would usually be on WGN before or after the He-Man cartoon and I started watching the Cubs. The year I started watching was the year Andre Dawson won the MVP. I have been out of the hobby for more than 7 years and my son recently wanted to start collecting Cubs cards so I have recently gotten back into the hobby. I have over 100,000 Andre Dawson cards.

Dmscards

Apr 2, 2013
Los Angeles
Dodgers.

Born and raised in L.A.

My collection is only about 300 cards.
When someone leaves the team I sell.I only collect DODGERS

Go Blue!

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
I doubt you have a bunch of these laying around, but I wanted to participate anyway, sooooooooooo.........Warren Spahn and the Milwaukee Braves.

I was born in Milwaukee and grew up watching Brewers games with my grandfather. He was the reason I became interested in baseball and collecting in the first place. He showed me some old Braves programs and I couldn't believe that the Brewers used to be the Braves. Well, they DIDN'T used to be the Braves. He went on to explain the complex history of Milwaukee baseball to me and over the years he shared stories about his favorite players...mostly Spahn and Mathews. I always thought Spahn had the friendliest face I had ever seen on a baseball player, and I loved the Braves screaming Indian logo, so I became a fan at an early age. Once I got older and was able to afford vintage, it was a no-brainer for me who to collect. I probably only have about 300 Spahn cards (and a handful of Eddie Mathews), but since HOFers have become a staple of many modern sets, I look forward to growing my collection for decades to come!

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Obviously Mets, with a small collection, that has definitely increased since joining this generous community. Not really sure how I became a mets fan as my parents aren't really into sports at all. The best I can recollect is that elementary school friends were big Mets fans also, so I became one too. Lost the friends a long time ago, but kept the mets. I'd say I made out in the deal, haha. (Except for those years of torture with bleach, and fireworks, and losses)

Edit to add: most if not all of my mets autos : S1354.beta.photobucket.com/user/mrmet17/library

Last edited:

gojacks63

Jan 23, 2013
Even though Im doing the contest, I figured that I would post mine: I collect the New Orleans Saints. They are my hometown team and I love the way they rebounded from Katrina. I also love how the fans treat each other like family and always support their team no matter how good or bad the season is going. I have attended several games and met a couple of their better players. As far as my collection is concerned, I have about 150 total cards, 3 autographed 8x10s, 3 autographed cards, 1 jersey card, and 1 game used jersey. WHO DAT!!!

Last edited:

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
NY Yankees, and Alex Rodriguez.

Simply put, regardless of the PEDs issues he has been having, I truly believe if you take away those yrs of use he will still be a threat to any pitcher. I have been following AROD since his debut and was beyond excited when he decided to don the Pinstripes. My collection of AROD alone is well over 2500 cards, and as a team, I don't believe I can count that high. Additionally, my favorite number is 13 and my last name is Rodriguez, and I was born and raised in lower manhattan.(bonus pts :) )

Looking for Alex Rodriguez Cards, PM me.

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
No secret here, player is Albert Belle and team is Cleveland Indians...

Albert Belle - My collection is in my sig but I have over 85% of all cards Beckett recognizes and a couple thousand doubles, odd ball items, etc. I started collecting him when I was young, stopped (like most) in the early 2000s and picked it back up in 2010.

Cleveland Indians - What can I say, I'm from Cleveland and even though they've sucked, I have stuck with them. I don't have a TON of Indians cards but have a bunch from the '90s when I was seriously collecting baseball cards in general. I have picked up a bunch of newer players in box breaks and recent packs I've bought but otherwise, just love any and all Indians cards.

Thanks for the contest. Good luck to everyone!

devin

Aug 7, 2008
Chatfield, Minnesota
i collect the twins but mostly collect our first baseman which i hope stays! justin morneau
i have about 400 or so cards of morneau and alot of signed memorabilia. i have always collected twins cards but really started going after morneau cards after i meet him in jan of 2006 at twinsfest. since that day in jan i have met justin 7 times if i remember correctly. as far as my twins collection its small compared to what i have as far as morneau. win or lose the twins are my team, the last couple of years have been hard to watch but with some of the players we have in the minors i cant wait for them to start winning again!

I collect alot of everything but my main PC is Emmitt Smith. My father got me collecting when I was about 7 ( in 1975). I have his vintage collection now that he has passed away. I'll never let those go. Total cards I have, no clue. Emmitt Smith cards, 1500 or so. Cowboys autos I have 8 auto helmets, 3 auto footballs, 100 + auto cards. Several other auto'd items.

dbacksfan4life

Aug 21, 2013
Arizona
I collect anything Dbacks! Ive been a fan since the very beginning in 1998. My heart fell for them in 1998 since we finally had a pro sport in Arizona! It was a very exciting time in AZ, I attended the very first game and try to make it to every Opening day game but sometimes l dont get over there. I started collecting cards pretty recent though and only have about 200 Diamondbacks cards, my favorite thing to do know is to go to games and try to get autographs on my cards. I have 88 signed cards and hope to make it to 100 on the year! 1 thing is for sure I am a Diamondbacks Fan 4 LIFE!!

Thanks for the contest! Good luck to the other contestants.

Last edited:

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
I use to be an avid Ken Griffey Jr collector but could not afford the expensive inserts, autos or gu cards of his and started going after his less expensive oddball, regional, promos, samples and test cards. As Griffey's career started declining in Cincy, so did my desire for collecting him. I decided to switch to Albert Pujols Minor League, rookie and oddball issues while some were still affordable and plan on collecting him for a long time. I have been impressed with Pujols ever since I saw him play in 2001 at Wrigley field when he ripped a double off the ivy wall. I had a feeling he was going to be a special player.

Last edited:

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
Philadelphia Phillies.....my two son's, 8 and 5 (birthday's coming up in September). Both love the game of baseball and my oldest has collected since he was 4 and now my youngest since Christmas is doing it as well. They both have their card albums (with my little one calling it an ALVUM). They watch all the games together, trade, and collect whatever I can give them or get their hands on. They love their Phillies and are going to miss Grandpop Charlie as they call him. The good thing for them is they chose their team as I had nothing to do with it since I bleed blue pinstripes. Thanks...

gojacks63

Jan 23, 2013
Gonna announce the winner at 7:00 central standard time. Any last entries?

Members online

Latest posts