Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who Was The Biggest Hitting and Pitching Prospect Of AllTime

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I think each would have to be from the modern era as the media has a lot to do with prospect hype. My votes go to....

Pitcher:
Roger Clemens/Kerry Wood
Honorable Mentions: Todd Van Poppel, Ben McDonald, Brien Taylor, David Price

Hitter:
Andrew Jones
Honorable Mentions: Gary Sheffield, Vladimir Guerrero,

I know theres a ton to be nominated. Let's hear em!

PaulKonerkbro

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago- White Sox Fan
sheetskout said:
I think each would have to be from the modern era as the media has a lot to do with prospect hype. My votes go to....

Pitcher:
Roger Clemens/Kerry Wood
Honorable Mentions: Todd Van Poppel, Ben McDonald, Brien Taylor, David Price

Hitter:
Andrew Jones
Honorable Mentions: Gary Sheffield, Vladimir Guerrero,

I know theres a ton to be nominated. Let's hear em!
Ouch! :)

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Jays_Cards said:
Im surprised that I havent seen Wieters' name yet..

Wieters hasn't been hyped for that long of time in retrospect.

I suppose Andruw Jones wasn't really in the minors that long either, but he just did such great things at such a young age. Something you never really see anymore. At least not as young as he was.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
sheetskout said:
Jays_Cards said:
Im surprised that I havent seen Wieters' name yet..

I suppose Andruw Jones wasn't really in the minors that long either, but he just did such great things at such a young age. Something you never really see anymore. At least not as young as he was.

Hype doesnt necessarily have to be for an extended period of time. Wieters' hype is ENORMOUS. He hasnt played a game yet, and already he has been dubbed the 'next Piazza'.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
Andruw Jones and Mark Prior. Andruw was a teenage sensation with the tools of Willie Mays and the performance to back it up(back to back Minor League Player Of The Year). Mark Prior was the bionic pitcher, assembled by scouts/scientists in a dungeon somewhere, who dominated at every level.

card-treasury

Aug 11, 2008
Mark Prior, Brien Taylor. or Todd Van Poppel

and

Gregg Jeffries, Josh Hamilton, or Ken Griffey, Jr.

At least two panned out.

fengzhang

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago, IL
Brett Keith said:
Andruw Jones and Mark Prior. Andruw was a teenage sensation with the tools of Willie Mays and the performance to back it up(back to back Minor League Player Of The Year). Mark Prior was the bionic pitcher, assembled by scouts/scientists in a dungeon somewhere, who dominated at every level.

Yep, a perfect pitcher with so-called "flawless" mechanics.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
fengzhang said:
Brett Keith said:

Yep, a perfect pitcher with so-called "flawless" mechanics.
Hah!

GTJ558

Jan 26, 2009
Jays_Cards said:
sheetskout said:
[quote="Jays_Cards":3p9yee9g]Im surprised that I havent seen Wieters' name yet..

Hype doesnt necessarily have to be for an extended period of time. Wieters' hype is ENORMOUS. He hasnt played a game yet, and already he has been dubbed the 'next Piazza'.[/quote:3p9yee9g]

I thought that was supposed to be Montero? Or do they just throw Piazza's name around like a ragdoll....it's sacrilege.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
GTJ558 said:
Jays_Cards said:
sheetskout said:
[quote="Jays_Cards":1w4avul8]Im surprised that I havent seen Wieters' name yet..

Hype doesnt necessarily have to be for an extended period of time. Wieters' hype is ENORMOUS. He hasnt played a game yet, and already he has been dubbed the 'next Piazza'.

I thought that was supposed to be Montero? Or do they just throw Piazza's name around like a ragdoll....it's sacrilege.[/quote:1w4avul8]
what are you guys talking about? Buster posey is the next piazza!

GTJ558

Jan 26, 2009
Lastings Milledge.....really, that good huh?
and Generation K......wow, thanks for the memories Izzy.

Members online

Latest posts