Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2007 BC Trevor Cahill Orange Ref Auto - Hold longer or sell?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TonyB74

Sep 13, 2008
I own this card. There is one listed right now but I haven't seen too many on ebay in the last several months. I've received an offer of $250 to sell the card offline and I'm torn whether to sell now or it has more potential to increase in value. I'm thinking that it has reached his peak and Cahill is an A's prospect so I can't see the card climbing that much higher especially because he isn't really a strikeout pitcher. Thoughts?

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
HOLD!

At the very least Cahill is sure to go to AAA to begin the season and is more than capable of being a repeat show on BA's hotlist to begin the season.

There's no reasonable way to think that Cahill has even hit a peak value yet. His stuff has been SOOOOOO undervalued thus far.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I think it could go higher.

I have a refractor auto of his that I'm sitting on. It's currently worth 30-40 but I think it will get up in the 50s this season. Obviously it's not as risky for me to sit on a 30 dollar card as it is for you to sit on a 250 dollar card, but I really think he's stuff will continue to climb a little bit further. Also, he was the #11 prospect on baseball america's top 100. Not that that means anything, but just a little FYI in case you didn't know.

Good luck either way man

card-treasury

Aug 11, 2008
Cahill is a complete stud. As good as he has been in the minors, he is still undervalued. I own nothing. I completely missed the boat on Cahill, depressed after my snipe for the superfractor failed to launch.

southeastjerome

Aug 8, 2008
I Agree with you mike Cahill is a stud and still under priced.

Also i was after the Cahill Superfractor for a long time and when it finally showed up i offered the guy 650 dollars but he could not pull the trigger and would let it run. My bid was not even close and i was shocked it went for over a Grand. Does anyone know who won that card i have not seen it since and what do you guys think it is worth now 2800 ?

card-treasury

Aug 11, 2008
southeastjerome said:
I Agree with you mike Cahill is a stud and still under priced.

Also i was after the Cahill Superfractor for a long time and when it finally showed up i offered the guy 650 dollars but he could not pull the trigger and would let it run. My bid was not even close and i was shocked it went for over a Grand. Does anyone know who won that card i have not seen it since and what do you guys think it is worth now 2800 ?
I have no idea what it would fetch, but I believe it went for $1,200 give or take a couple.

jlvjr16

Aug 13, 2008
I actually sold my Cahills last year while hot and regret not buying more.

I made about $90 in profits. Sold 4 base chrome autos and two refractors autos.

TonyB74

Sep 13, 2008
I'm still debating whether to sell this now or hold longer now that Cahill has a couple of starts under his belt in the majors. I have an offline offer of $200 but I'm torn as to whether to accept it.

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008
darocker80 said:
hold unless you need money to buy some weiterse, heyward, bumgarner stuff :p

Every single player you named is near their peak in value except maybe Heyward.

Nice.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
Hold, if he pitches on national TV or just has a great start that ESPN talks about just a little it'll definately go up, or if Gammons/Olney talk about how great he is too.

Members online

Latest posts