Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 Topps Tier One Case Break...more like Tier None...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA
After seeing last years product take a huge step forward from the dismal 2011 version, I decided to get a case to bust this year...bad idea.

Looks like it reverted back to its 2011 version, or I got the one of the worst cases produced.

- Not a single patch card. Not talking jumbo patches, but even a single patch card.

- Best auto by probably a large margin was a Don Mattingly #23 /99, which was my case hit. Seriously? Don Mattingly? He's no schmuck, but give me a break. If it hadn't been his jersey number it would have been even worse.

- Only got 7 cards not numbered to base # (/299 or /399).

I do love that it's all on card autos. But it would be nice to get at least one pull to get excited about.

And it's not a money thing. I don't bust cases to make money. I do it because it's fun. But when there's not a single card that makes me go "Man, that's pretty sweet!" it's kind of a kick in the pants...especially when someone else will bust a case and get 2-3 mega hits and triple their money, when I'll be lucky to recoup half.

Spread the value out better Topps, it's not that hard!

Anyway, here's scans. Everything will be up FS on eBay tonight or tomorrow...

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Paging [MENTION=3754]MansGame[/MENTION]...

I'd bet he'd be interesting in that Belle black auto /25.

Thanks for the page! Appreciate it.

Yes, I'd love to chat about the Belle. I actually saw it on eBay and am watching it lol.

Let me know!

Mac

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
So brutal.....why the XXXX is there a redemption for a RELIC CARD

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Well it means they don't have the damn bat or jersey for the pieces; that's REALLY awesome... shocked they just didn't drop in any piece of a bat or white jersey... god knows the wording on the back of the card means crap to us

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Well it means they don't have the damn bat or jersey for the pieces; that's REALLY awesome... shocked they just didn't drop in any piece of a bat or white jersey... god knows the wording on the back of the card means crap to us

Is this any kind of evidence that they actually DO use the player on the cards' memorabilia?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Is this any kind of evidence that they actually DO use the player on the cards' memorabilia?
Not IMO. Here is my take on the entire situation...

Why Redemption's? - There is a camp of people who think there are redemption's in packs because either (1) the item is too large or would be too easily detected to put into a pack or (2) they promise a player/product will be in a release and they can't get it in time (for example, an on-card autos), so they put in a redemption because then they can hang their hat on the item being in the release.

In my own opinion, I think Topps is similar to the National debt and they're just too far out over their skis with redemption's and they're writing checks they can't cash. They simply can't keep up with production and whether they have the items or not, they just can't keep up and they are turning out crappy product after product. It's to the point where products are starting to look like each other over and over again. Sorry but Topps should slow it down and start turning out less product and/or less often and get the hobby back in order.

How many of us would LOVE to see what they're back-log of redemptions looks like? I bet it'd make your head spin. They have a website for it, just wish we could see the inventory they have of cards they have yet to actually deliver to THEIR CUSTOMERS.

Actual Game Used? - This clearly is a topic which many have their own opinions. I am not 100% convinced it's actually game used stuff but what the hell, perception is reality for me and I guess I'm just as much a sucker as the next if it were ever proved every Belle card memo I have is fake or not really his game used stuff. IMO, the language on the back of the cards is BS and damn near almost says straight away that who the hell knows what's in/on the card you're holding.

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA
Auctions closed on my singles from the case, sold every card minus two autos that didn't get bids at $4.99...

for a total of about $300 after fees...

Way to go Topps. Way to go.

Members online

Latest posts