Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

And The 2013/14 Super Bowl Champ Will Be....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Let's get it on record before the season starts. Who do you think is taking the big game?

I will post later on with my pick but I'd like to hear some reasons why you think the team you've selected has a shot this season.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Ravens. D is a whole lot better then last year. And stokley and Clark will help on O with pitta hurt and Q gone

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
My non-homer pick is the Texans.

Their offense will continue to be very solid, and their defense will be very stout with Cushing back and the addition of Ed Reed. Only question mark is Shaub, which is a big question mark.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Cardinals vs Broncos - Broncos win

A lil home team bias w/ the Cardinals but this is the first year in the last 5 years that I see a competitive team. I see them as this years 49ers. Good defense, have offensive weapons, a acceptable QB, special teams have weapons. I didn't like seeing Cooper go down, as I think it hurts the overall mood of the start if the season. But I think if the line can hold its own, which is a ?, I can see them as the surprise team.

Denver I think made a big improvement getting Welker there, add any weapons for Manning and it's a good thing. If Ball and Hillman play decent the offense should be very good. On defense I think the loss if Miller could hurt in the early stages but if they can get through that they should be ok. The Elvis situation with the free agency and the faxing could come back to bite them a lil.

But those are mine

Ryan

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
I think the champ comes out of the NFC, which is ridiculously deep this year. There isn't a single team that would be a shocker to win 9 games. I'll go with New Orleans, which should have an improved team that is very, very motivated after their coach was suspended last year. If Seattle gets home field, they will go to the Super Bowl and win it, but they are in a very tough division and I'm not totally sold that Pete Carroll will keep that team focused week in and week out.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I've got the Pack over the Texans...

I didn't want to say it, because obviously it reeks of homerism, but I still think the Packers have the best chance of anyone. Their offense is superb and their defense improved a ton last year with key players coming back healthy.

A Packers / Broncos Superbowl would be freaking awesome again.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
I didn't want to say it, because obviously it reeks of homerism, but I still think the Packers have the best chance of anyone. Their offense is superb and their defense improved a ton last year with key players coming back healthy.

A Packers / Broncos Superbowl would be freaking awesome again.

The NFL could only dream of a Packers Broncos Superbowl, that would be fabulous. I personally think Montee Ball will kill for the Broncos this year.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I know it won't be the Steelers, so I don't care who wins as long as it's not the Ravens again, which I doubt they would get that far either.

I just hope it snows and that the 2 teams are warm weather teams or teams that play in a dome.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
I'm eating sushi right now, anyways.......

playoffs

AFC (not in order of seeding, but division winners are first 4 followed by 2 wild cards)
pats
broncos
texans
bengals
steelers
chiefs

AFC champ game
pats over broncos (peyton manning chokes again and still searches for that elusive first super bowl win, THANK YOU devon hester super bowl mvp in 2007 as the bears won)

AFC is weak this year, NFC is the only good conference in the entire league

NFC
packers
9ers (they win the division but don't go to the conf champ game)
eagles (the redskins and cowboys are the only threat to them)
falcons
saints
seahawks

nfc champ game

BATTLE OF THE WILDCARDS
saints over seahawks

super bowl
saints over pats

brady goes down as the worst qb in the history of the game and gisselle cries again and wes welker leads the pats to a super bowl in 2017

ladanian tomlinson cries on sports center before the pats/saints super bowl regarding the 2006/07 divisional round game against the pats, the 9876354678950th time he has done so

Last edited:

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I will make a caveat, which flies in the face of the whole purpose of this thread: IF (big "if") Ed Lacy is anything special, Green Bay will be dangerous. So...

Green Bay over San Fran in a repeat of last year's match-up in the NFC championship game. Minus my caveat, the game is a repeat of last year. (That's all gut BTW)

Denver over Houston in the AFC (personal note: I would LOVE for the Texans, AKA: "University of Wisconsin-Houston" to prevail, but I don't see it)

Green Bay over Denver is the SB, or (again, minus my caveat) Denver of SF.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I just like GB's relatively easy Division as opposed to the NFC South and West, where all four teams are pretty good and will beat each other up.

BTW, put down Arizona, Cleveland and KC as my surprise teams for this year, with KC making the playoffs...

And my Bold prediction, Oakland has one (at least) Month without a Offensive TD!:cool:

Members online