Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Reached a milestone for my pc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Considering that I'm the only one in the entire hobby (at least probably) who pc's all promo/sample cards, maybe I'm the only one who will see this thread ;)

But either way, last week I finally completely sorted out my collection in binders and toploaders.

From all the major sports to bull riding to non sports and even endangered species cards, I now how reached 1,000 different promo/sample cards.

And sometime this week, I'll even submit all the info to beckett for consideration to appear in the magazine.

The break down is ironically nearly even with about 500 different baseball and the other 500 or so a mix of everything else (no doubles).

My ultimate goal isn't to have it all (have to be realistic) just to keep going until I can't find anymore in discount boxes or online.

And hopefully one day checklist everything and put it online.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
What do you classify as promo/sample, only cards with the words promo/sample on them? Do you consider preview/test/prototype/proof?

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
Very cool milestone. As a player collector I can certainly appreciate promo/sample cards because they are some of the most maddening to track down. Congratulations.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
What do you classify as promo/sample, only cards with the words promo/sample on them? Do you consider preview/test/prototype/proof?

Doesn't matter, as long as it "previews" a product and also doesn't need to have any notation printed on it.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Congrats! I love Andre Dawson promo cards!

Don't remember where I got this but it was around release.

Attachments

• 1378773092651.jpg
    1378773092651.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 1378773106116.jpg
    1378773106116.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 20

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
From a fellow promo collector, congrats. I've put together sets or attempted to put full sets together of many of the toughest promo cards out there. Fun way to collect.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Thanks everyone!

That Dawson is oversized and while I've had other over sized 1991 "foil less" sc cards in the past, non were blank backed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts