Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Any other player collectors do this ... or am i crazy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brewerfan99

Sep 7, 2010
Wisconsin
I've only noticed this twice for my player ... just wondering if anyone else collects all variations of game used relics in the same set.

The Gold Jersey Relic in this years Allen and Ginter must be a SSP ... only seen 2 on EBAY.... here are my examples ... lets see yours!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
That's pretty cool. I've only seen this one time I think with Belle and I think I picked up both the piece of the bat and piece of the jersey for 2011 Topps Marquee Titanic Threads. As you can see from below, the top one is /99 and is a bat, the middle one is /10 and is jersey and the one at the bottom is another /99 but is more premium IMO ;)

You can also see from the middle one that it looks like either color/patch is behind the white jersey or that is where a patch was because you can see color.

4A91F7E7-1485-4032-B255-C3C96B5562A8-7609-000003C87BD0E678.jpg

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I know I do. Different color jersey, different card. For example:

2004 Ultra Hitting Machines Jersey Silver JB Red.jpg

2004 Ultra Hitting Machines Jersey Silver JB White.jpg

Now usually when a set is released with a bat piece, and a jersey piece, they are listed in beckett as seperate cards, so I definitely count them as different cards. Only a small handful of jersey cards are listed as different cards based on different jersey colors.

Last edited:

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I only collect a second version of a memorabilia card if its obvious the swatch is from a different jersey. Like, I'll collect the same card with home and road jerseys, but not plain white and white with jersey stripe - which are probably from the same jersey.

Also if the card company makes a mistake and uses someone else's jersey swatch on the card, I'll collect that variation too.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
You may be crazy, but so am I. There's a few GU cards that I've found at least five different color swatches for, and I need them all. Some Troy Glaus cards can have white, grey, dark blue, or grey/dark blue stripe swatches. Some players can have swatches from two different teams in the same set, based on when they were traded and who made the card.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
I think it's totally sane. I've definitely bought multiples of the same card because of the different relics included. here's a couple:

Pedro Martinez 2001 Upper Deck Gold Glove Leather Bound with "ER" engraving (probably from the word "leather")

same card with eye hole

highphat

Aug 18, 2008
It took me forever to get all 3 swatch variations for my set with the grey wool being the toughest.
05absmemTedWilliamsJumboJsy50.jpg

001-3.jpg

05absmemTedWilliamsJumboJkt100.jpg

05absmemWilliamsJumboJkt25.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts