Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Opened a couple of boxes of base Topps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
At the White Plains show on Friday I picked up a couple of boxes of base Topps (one from 2012 and one from 2013). Brought them home and ripped one on Friday and one this evening. I don't open much but for the most part of the lsat few years I've opened RC products or mid-level rips.

Opening the packs (especially the 2013) with a family member was a ton of fun. The photography was great, 10 cards per pack including 1-2 inserts in most packs and the inserts were interesting (highlighting cool moments) as well as really cool looking (the "Cut to the Chase" cards are some of the nicest I've seen in years). 72 packs cost me just $80 and it was truly a great experience.

No real point to the story, just that I'd forgotten how much fun it is to open packs when the focus is on the players and photography and look of the cards without thinking much about pulling anything of value.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
No real point to the story, just that I'd forgotten how much fun it is to open packs when the focus is on the players and photography and look of the cards without thinking much about pulling anything of value.
Good post.
If more people had your kind of attitude, this hobby wouldn't be in dire straits and losing more collectors every year than it gains.
Glad you had fun with your cards!

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Good post.
If more people had your kind of attitude, this hobby wouldn't be in dire straits and losing more collectors every year than it gains.
Glad you had fun with your cards!

I'll admit to forgetting this myself, but looking through the cards, reading the backs and sorting, knowing that it's not about the money but about simply enjoying the hobby and sport, is a lot more fun than the 10 second "thrill of the chase" followed by disappointment, that's for sure.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
I'll admit to forgetting this myself, but looking through the cards, reading the backs and sorting, knowing that it's not about the money but about simply enjoying the hobby and sport, is a lot more fun than the 10 second "thrill of the chase" followed by disappointment, that's for sure.

sounds like a fun nite, great post.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Base topps is the best product to buy for enjoyment.

The variety of cards in a box plus the online cards and everything else makes it, imho, the best topps product every year.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts