Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mailday! (What I bought with my FCB contest money)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
I won the $100 ebay gift card the other day (thanks again FCB!!) and was really torn on what to get. Finally decided to get this KICK-ASS sketch card by artist Eric Maell of Darth Vader. I'm focussing on sketches for 2009 and this card is just BEAUTIFUL!

$93 delivered:

vadersk1.jpg

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Greg Cleveland said:
That's going to mess up the symmetry of your signature. Better buy more cards! Nice pick up!

lol! Must...buy...more...! :D

Rudzud

Aug 7, 2008
Cherry Valley
phenominal.

Do you know how many sketches each set produces (ie, is it possible for you to get 1 of every sketch made for a set?)

Edit:

The Duron dual with solo and IJ...I have to change my pants after seein that one.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Rudzud said:
phenominal.

Do you know how many sketches each set produces (ie, is it possible for you to get 1 of every sketch made for a set?)

How've ya been man?

There are a lot of different artists that contribute to each set. Usually around 50. Each artist does a different number of sketches. Some do as few as 25 and some do up to around 500 (or more). Usually the more famous artists do less sketches which is why they are more detailed and go for more money. Most artists that do under 100 sketches make ALL of their sketches completely different. Its usually the artists that do tons of rough pencil sketches that make more than one of the same design. Those are like pulling a crappy auto from Bowman chrome for example.

All sketches are labelled 1/1 and there are thousands of comletely different ones for each set, so it would be impossible to get every sketch out there.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks for the comment on the Duron dual! That is an idea that I came up with and since he is one of my favorite artists, I had him make them for me as part of a trade. (I traded him a Shia Lebouf auto which I had two of)
dualsketch.jpg

Rudzud

Aug 7, 2008
Cherry Valley
Ty Hope said:
Thanks for the comment on the Duron dual! That is an idea that I came up with and since he is one of my favorite artists, I had him make them for me as part of a trade. (I traded him a Shia Lebouf auto which I had two of)
dualsketch.jpg

Wait, you contacted him?!

I thought those were pack inserted. :lol:

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
That is by far the most BEAUTIFUL sketch I have seen (besides what is in your sig) :eek: :shock: :eek: :shock: VERY nice pickup Ty!!! I am searching for a stormtrooper sketch to put into my 44x stormtrooper action figure shelf (hint hint, wink wink) :lol:

Alex

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Rudzud said:
Ty Hope said:
dualsketch.jpg

Wait, you contacted him?!

I thought those were pack inserted. :lol:

I chat with him and many other artists at another site. I've had 4 custom sketches done for me so far (not in products). Most artists will do commissions at various prices. I have another dual custom sketch that should be in the mail tomorrow. Ever heard of the movie "Ginger Snaps"? Its one of my favorite horror flicks, and artist Don Pedicini Jr is doing a dual of the two main characters.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
metallicalex777 said:
That is by far the most BEAUTIFUL sketch I have seen (besides what is in your sig) :eek: :shock: :eek: :shock: VERY nice pickup Ty!!! I am searching for a stormtrooper sketch to put into my 44x stormtrooper action figure shelf (hint hint, wink wink) :lol:

Alex

Thanks man. I have a few clone trooper sketches in my sig. The only storm trooper I have is this one:
swcwsk2.jpg

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Pine Tar said:
Very Nice Ty
Can't go wrong with a card like that.

Thanks man. Sketch cards are my new focus for 09. I'm completely bored with sports stuff.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Ty Hope said:
[quote="Pine Tar":2j7c0655]Very Nice Ty
Can't go wrong with a card like that.

Thanks man. Sketch cards are my new focus for 09. I'm completely bored with sports stuff.[/quote:2j7c0655]
Can I have your Clemente then?? :D

Awesome sketch card by the way!

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Weimer said:
That's a sweet card. Is there a big market for those sketch cards?

search "star wars galaxy sketch" on ebay and you'll get a taste! HUGE market! Many go for over $200 or $300.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts