Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

~~~~~What is the Card that your collection is missing~~~~~

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I have been trying to think about what my collection is missing and I have narrowed the result to three cards. All three are obtainable it is just a matter of when I want to shell out the cash and condition.

What is your missing card and what has prevented you from owning?

Here is one of my three:

www.ebay.com/itm/PSA-10-DEREK-JETER...1305477273?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item3386d59899

$T2eC16F,!)MFIchh)f8vBSbEHm)8uQ~~60_57.JPG

Last edited:

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
The two that come to mind...

1999 Fleer Tradition Starting 9 Mark Grace #117 (numbered to 9) - The one tough 90's insert I cannot find of Grace, never seen one for sale.

1994 Topps Black Gold A/B/C/D Winner (send in version, not redeemed version) - Seen it, but haven't shelled out the $100 or so the last ones I've seen sell went for. I have faith I'll land this at some point.

RAZOR-Z

Apr 3, 2012
The Motor City
2005 Black Stitch Sweet Spot 1/1 - Below is a Photoshop of what it would look like - *I have a lead on where it went - but so far no responses - :( -AJ

BLACKSTITCHSWEETSPOT_zpscec22738.png

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
While there are some key cards i wish to have, based on the question of what my collection is missing, i am going back to my PC before the wedding sale and gonna have to say...

1992 MJb Holographics R/2 Prototype

owned it many years ago, have never, ever seen another. And this is the prototype for card 2, not card 1.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Cool thread idea.

Before this year, my answer 100% would of been the Albert Belle Red Crusade but knocked that one down this year ;)

Then it would of been the nameplate of his if I lost it... and knocked that down as well :)

Besides 1/1s and other extremely rare Albert Belle cards from the '90s, I'd have to go with one of these two...

2000 Black Diamond A Piece of History Triple #AB 1/1 Albert Belle
(I know it exists because I have this picture)
BlackDiamondTriple.jpg

or

1998 Bowman's Best Autographs Atomic Refractors #20 Albert Belle
(I know it's out there, I know an owner of one but haven't ever had a shot at acquiring one)
3.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I once owned a Belle Atomic Ref Auto.
You did? Whoa.

Any idea who owns or owned the Black Diamond Triple?

Funny story - back in like 2009 I made a post about "cards you think don't exist" and someone on here posted that damn picture... I almost shat myself. He said that he owned it at one time and then sold it either on here or another board back in the day. I'm happy to know it's out there but damn, I am curious who owns it because I have bought out two huge Belle guys this year and know of another one or two but no one has it.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I truly think all I need to do, to complete my collection, is meet the player I collect.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Never seen the Triple Diamond but it could be in the possession of a set or 1/1 collector and not a Belle guy, just a thought.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Yea, that's who owns it for sure. I know it's not with a Belle guy unless the guy was a HUGE Belle guy back in the day and then fell off the face of the earth and just never was interested in selling his collection or being in the hobby at all...

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
For griffey.. I feel all I'm missing is a bat barrel nameplate card. Haven't seen one in 3-4 years now and the last one sold at 600 so I've been kicking myself in the ass ever since.

Hof: sure I'd love to have a babe ruth sig or walter Johnson. But I'd probably quit if I was to ever acquire a Lou Gehrig autograph. My grandpa thought he was the best ball player to live.. And for my grandpa whom I thought the best man, had quite the impression on me . Gehrig stands alone

Sent from my iPhone

Members online

Latest posts