Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Your favorite traded/ update sets?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Which traded/update/rookie sets are your all time favorites?

For topps, it's the 1988 one because I really loved the usa set back then.

But thinking outside the "traded box", I also loved the 2001 product, opened a ton of it.

For Donruss, it's the 1986 rookie set. Love the selection and look. That was one crazy hot product back then.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Yep, '88 Topps for sure. Tons of great cards in there. And I too LOVED all of "The Rookies" sets. As a kid for some reason I really liked the '89 set. Even though Griffey and Sheffield were in the base set already there was still Neon Deion

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
418%2BUYT3-tL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

...and its not even close.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
2003 Donruss Update was pretty sweet too. Also distributed in packs with updates and rookies for all of DLPs sets mixed together. I was high on Rickie Weeks at the time. Pulled a sweet Donruss Delmon Young auto /75 from retail that sold for around $100

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
2005(I believe)topps fusion. Update of a bunch of products in one box! And "2012" topps heritage update

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Hard to beat the '01 UD/SP Update for value and BIG names.

But I always loved the '99 Fleer Tradition Update box set, which used to be pretty valuable too...

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
My favorite was and still is the 1986 Donruss Rookies set.
The dark green borders look awesome on that design, and the rookie selection was incredible back then.
(Bonds, Will Clark, Bo Jackson, Canseco, Sierra, Incaviglia, Joyner, Gallaraga, Kevin Mitchell, Kruk, Bonilla, Mitch Williams, Tartabull, Cory Snyder, Drabek, Robby Thompson, Bip Roberts, Plesac, Gruber, Worrell...
Three future MVPs, a Cy Young winner and at least 20 future All-Star players in the small 56-card set.

kerryfan5

Sep 17, 2012
Ohio thourgh Dickinson, N.D.
My favorite was and still is the 1986 Donruss Rookies set.
The dark green borders look awesome on that design, and the rookie selection was incredible back then.
(Bonds, Will Clark, Bo Jackson, Canseco, Sierra, Incaviglia, Joyner, Gallaraga, Kevin Mitchell, Kruk, Bonilla, Mitch Williams, Tartabull, Cory Snyder, Drabek, Robby Thompson, Bip Roberts, Plesac, Gruber, Worrell...
Three future MVPs, a Cy Young winner and at least 20 future All-Star players in the small 56-card set.

Remember this set for another reason. When opening it you got a whiff of glossy card smell. Loved this set.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
1987 fleer tiffany update in the metal tin.

86 topps traded and 82 topps traded are pretty high on my list also

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Freedom Card Board mobile app

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Remember this set for another reason. When opening it you got a whiff of glossy card smell. Loved this set.

I was going to write about the smell too but thought I was the only one who always noticed it.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

SteelBrad

Mar 2, 2013
'88 Topps Traded for sure. I had the joy of meeting lots of the players from the USA team as a 10 year old. I even got Mike Milchin's batting glove.

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
For me, 2008 Topps U/H became an obsession. I opened about 20 cases looking for the AS jumbo patches.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts