Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Will be very sad to see Eaton and Skaggs go.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dbacksfan4life

Aug 21, 2013
Arizona
Well the Dbacks were in a three way trade with the White Sox and Angels.
White Sox get Adam Eaton
Angels Get Tyler Skaggs
Dbacks get Mark Trumbo and 2 prospects

It will be sad to see each of them leave but l can see them play during Spring Training! I will still be collecting Adam Eaton and will try to never stop collecting him. I just hope we are done trading I hate KT he comes up with ridiculous trades.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Don't like it either , as much as I'd like more power in the line up , not sure giving up those 2 are worth it. I hate below .275 hitters. Skaggs is tradable, pitchers rarely pan out, if we're not getting Choo I don't want to move Eaton

Ryan

dbacksfan4life

Aug 21, 2013
Arizona
Don't like it either , as much as I'd like more power in the line up , not sure giving up those 2 are worth it. I hate below .275 hitters. Skaggs is tradable, pitchers rarely pan out, if we're not getting Choo I don't want to move Eaton

Ryan

Trumbo reminds me of a Mark Reynolds type of guy either gets a hr or strikeouts. I hate this deal

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Trumbo reminds me of a Mark Reynolds type of guy either gets a hr or strikeouts. I hate this deal

They could have acquired Reynolds back for alot cheaper than Eaton and Skaggs that's for sure.

Only difference is Trumbo is under team control for another 2 years.

Towers is a *******

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
In a related story ---

Diamondbacks Have Made Offer To Joba Chamberlain
By Steve Adams [December 10, 2013 at 2:56pm CST]
The D-Backs have made a one-year offer to Joba Chamberlain worth roughly $3MM, tweets ESPN's Buster Olney.

The 28-year-old former top prospect struggled through his worst season as a Major Leaguer in 2013, posting a 4.93 ERA with 8.1 K/9, 5.6 BB/9 and a 41.5 percent ground-ball rate in 42 innings for the Yankees. Chamberlain was significantly better away from Yankee Stadium, posting a 3.54 ERA on the road compared to a 6.23 mark at home in a roughly equal sample size. Chamberlain's velocity remained strong, as he averaged a healthy 94.7 mph on his fastball.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
Trumbo is a much better hitter than reynolds. Walks are going i the right direction, he should get better. He will be a 30/100 guy there, I think you will like him.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
Trumbo is a much better hitter than reynolds. Walks are going i the right direction, he should get better. He will be a 30/100 guy there, I think you will like him.

I agree with this. Not sure why everyone is so upset from the DBacks side. They were looking at Choo or Trumbo and settled on Trumbo because Choo is asking for Crawford money.

Wasn't Skaggs pretty bad when he came up and I've heard Eaton is a pretty average player and isn't too hard to replace. Sure it may have been a slight overpayment but nothing near close 140-150 million for Choo.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Thank god the Jaba thing was knocked down (so far).

It's not that I dislike Trumbo , just felt we gave up a lil much for a one dimensional player. I am not sure I like him in LF at all, so we will see if it costs is games. I like the power dimension just not at the price of 2 guys who I feel had higher value. If we still can secure a 1-3 type pitcher this off season I will be relieved.

I don't mind a lineup (if some revert back to capability)

Pollack/Ross
Parra
Trumbo
Goldy
Migey
Prado/Davidson
Didi/Owings
Hill

The rotation I like with Corbin , Miley but past that it depends how Hudson comes back and if Bradley is ready. And I hate Cahill and McCarthy and for the most part Delgado. So that's where I really want an upgrade is SP now.

The bullpen I think is better than it preformed last year, somewhere close to 2012 performance.

Get us SP upgrades KT ! Thanks ;)

** And yes I don't want to pay that type of $ to Choo

Ryan

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
Joba on a cheap deal in the NL West could be a huge steal. His velocity was still at 94.7-95 average last year. In the bullpen in the NL I think he could become a very good pitcher. We saw what happened with Kennedy.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
The rotation I like with Corbin , Miley but past that it depends how Hudson comes back and if Bradley is ready. And I hate Cahill and McCarthy and for the most part Delgado. So that's where I really want an upgrade is SP now.

Who do you think they should go get? All the top starters are junk and will command way too much money besides Tanaka and I highly doubt the DBacks could come close to signing him.
Corbin, Miley, Hudson and then Bradley, Cahill, McCarthy, and maybe a low risk FA seems okay for the NL west. The pitching on the market right now is awful.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Joba on a cheap deal in the NL West could be a huge steal. His velocity was still at 94.7-95 average last year. In the bullpen in the NL I think he could become a very good pitcher. We saw what happened with Kennedy.

Eh , I don't like guys in the BP on the decline. A one year cheap deal could be worth a shot , just not sold on the idea regardless of price. As who we should get as a SP , I really would like a charge at Price. But like I said I don't care if it is a #3 starter type I just hate days when McCarthy n Cahill go out. With Kennedy , we got a really good 3/4 of a year from him, but he fell off fairly fast.

Ryan

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
Eh , I don't like guys in the BP on the decline. A one year cheap deal could be worth a shot , just not sold on the idea regardless of price. As who we should get as a SP , I really would like a charge at Price. But like I said I don't care if it is a #3 starter type I just hate days when McCarthy n Cahill go out. With Kennedy , we got a really good 3/4 of a year from him, but he fell off fairly fast.

Ryan
Kennedy was above average for a while with the DBacks. The DBacks have no chance at price unless they include Bradley and I doubt they would do that. Joba is not "on the decline." He really has no where to go but up.

In the NL west where offense is not a premium or just the NL in general where offense is at less of a premium than the AL, I don't see why you wouldn't want to take a chance on a cheap 1 year deal with someone who averages 95 on his fastball and has a pretty good curveball.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Kennedy was above average for a while with the DBacks. The DBacks have no chance at price unless they include Bradley and I doubt they would do that. Joba is not "on the decline." He really has no where to go but up.

In the NL west where offense is not a premium or just the NL in general where offense is at less of a premium than the AL, I don't see why you wouldn't want to take a chance on a cheap 1 year deal with someone who averages 95 on his fastball and has a pretty good curveball.

As I said a one yet cheap deal (under $2m I'd say ok maybe). I won't back away from the decline , yes I know he hasn't had a ton of chances but I don't care to add a guy w 4.3+ era in 4 of 5 years and call it an exciting move. Kennedy had a stellar 2011, past that he turned from an ace to a #3 quickly, and if that is what we thought he was ok, but AZ felt he could be the Ace. Again, I'll take an upgrade to Cahill and McCarthy and be ok with the off season. Trumbo was a good add, I just felt we coulda moved say Cahill and Eaton and I would been happier than moving 2 real young guys. Anyway we will see what happens , maybe we throw out the staff we have and hope they improve/comeback and the BP doesn't suck. The offense I think will be ok

Ryan

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
As I said a one yet cheap deal (under $2m I'd say ok maybe). I won't back away from the decline , yes I know he hasn't had a ton of chances but I don't care to add a guy w 4.3+ era in 4 of 5 years and call it an exciting move. Kennedy had a stellar 2011, past that he turned from an ace to a #3 quickly, and if that is what we thought he was ok, but AZ felt he could be the Ace. Again, I'll take an upgrade to Cahill and McCarthy and be ok with the off season. Trumbo was a good add, I just felt we coulda moved say Cahill and Eaton and I would been happier than moving 2 real young guys. Anyway we will see what happens , maybe we throw out the staff we have and hope they improve/comeback and the BP doesn't suck. The offense I think will be ok

Ryan

I don't think anyone would be calling Joba an exciting move but keep in mind he was pitching in the AL East every season and these teams have seen him many many times. Coming to the NL is the only thing that will help Joba IMO.

I don't think you end up with Trumbo if you substitute skaggs and cahill. Kennedy, Corbin, Miley would've been a fine 123 in that division. But now with Corbin, Miley and whoever else I think a low risk signing could be in the cards although I've been seeing them connected to Garza, Jimenez, etc. All the top guys so who knows!

Members online

Latest posts