Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008 Bowman Chrome Gold Refractor...or is it????

What should Bowman call the 08 Gold Refractor

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
All In Cards said:
I think the old gold is coming back. Rumor is they corrected it for draft.

So why the hell mess with something if was working fine before? First the remove etching completely last year from Chrome and bring it back a little this year, now this.

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
I really don't like the "new" golds and while they are at it why not simply return to the Gold background as well? I also like the Blue refractors from past realeses ie 2007, but they too would be nice with blue background.

G

I voted copper, but I actually think brown would work better for topps.

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I have heard that the BC poop refractor was not a purposeful thing; there was an issue with the dye or something and thus it turned out the way it did. 08 BCDP will be better.

marterburn

I beleive they printed white behind the borders, and they weren't supposed to. white would be the first color in the process, and it may have slipped through in proofing, thus look like mud.

They also did NOT print whites on the Xfractors, and I didn't like that either. Those white bordered X-fractors in Bowman w/chrome were pretty.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
bikerider60 said:
ThoseBackPages said:

To be honest Bronze looks better then the BC golds. They are sooooooooooo dull compared with past releases. I say Mud.........Mud Shark...a Zappa Tune.

Yeah, the gold refractors have really dulled over the years.I have a '05 that looks sharp, but after that Topps inexplicably changed the tint of them.I noticed this year's blue refractors (I pulled mine out of standard Bowman) don't look as sharp as they used to either.They look pale, almost powder blue.Not good.

Members online

Latest posts