Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

-----Changes to eBay Bucks-----

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
We’re writing to let you know about upcoming changes to the eBay Bucks Rewards Program. In order to continue offering meaningful benefits, we regularly look at the program’s performance to learn where changes are necessary. As a result of our latest program review, the eBay Bucks Certificates to be issued for the quarter ending December 31, 2013, will be the last sent for Rewards that total less than $5.00.

Effective January 1, 2014, program members must earn a minimum of $5.00 in eBay Bucks during a quarterly Earn Period in order to receive a Certificate at the end of the period. Quarterly balances below the $5.00 threshold will be forfeited.

Also effective January 1, 2014, purchases from eBay Motors Parts & Accessories will not be eligible for Rewards.

cartersprings

Aug 7, 2008
MN
Just got the same email. I rarely exceed $5.00 in eBay bucks, so looks like I'll be often forfeiting mine. Gotta pinch those pennies at every opportunity.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
Ebay is a crappy company, but right now i need them. But they really are a horrible and cocky bunch. I have spoken with many of their vp's. They believe we need them more than they need us. It's all about ebay. Hopefully they become myspace someday.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Ebay is a crappy company, but right now i need them. But they really are a horrible and cocky bunch. I have spoken with many of their vp's. They believe we need them more than they need us. It's all about ebay. Hopefully they become myspace someday.

You do need them more then they need you

Total horseXXXX. I never spend enough to make their minimum. Thanks eBay, you ********...

Really ?? Go find some other store or business that gives money back to you

Better yet go to Target, Walmart, Kmart and the like and ask for money back from your purchase of some blasters and see what you get..

Jeez the freakin XXXXXing from the entitlement group here is unbelievable

eyedinh

Feb 9, 2013

Better yet go to Target, Walmart, Kmart and the like and ask for money back from your purchase of some blasters and see what you get..

Target does kinda give you money back, you get 5% off all purchases made with the Target REDCard.

Bottom line

Right Now there is nothing out there that beats eBay as a site for locating a single card, set or box product for reasonable prices.

They are like any other business in America ... they're here to make money
and by offering a rebate to get people to spend more money in their establishment has been a tradition since the dawn of time. For example coupons that offer you $ 10 off any $75 purchase in their store (JC Penney). I dont hear people screaming bullXXXX on that.

Please - if you think eBay is such a crappy company - go find somewhere else to shop

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
If you are not earning the minimum, then you probably don't need ebay, so it should not be an issue. I have been trying to curb my spending for a long time and i admit it, I am weak. i have some disposable income and nothing much else i want to spend it on, but damn i am sometimes embarrassed by the bucks redemptions i get each quarter. i don't even want to figure out what I actually spent, because that would be worse!

I see no reason for anyone to complain about this, or the site. Mahoody is correct, ebay is still the best site to buy and to sell that I am aware of and unless some major change in how cards are dealt comes along, it's hard to see this changing anytime soon. New, smaller sites may offer more incentives for sellers (and buyers), but when the sellers discover that not enough buyers are seeing their items and the prices reflect this, they will move back to ebay. TRAFFIC is king and ebay has the traffic.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
It is what it is. It's their program and I've benefited from it thus far. I'm guessing I'll get over the minimum from time to time.

Shocked that people are outraged lol. Let's get serious people, if you got a cert for less than that, then your going to be out a few free dollars... O we'll.... Take it back to when there was no program.

---

Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008

Kohls gives me $10 in kohl's cash to spend at a future date when I spend $50
Targets gives me 5% when using their redcard
Cub foods gives me discounts at Holiday gas stations for shopping at both
Roundy foods does the same
Josephs Bar and Grill gives me $20 credit for every $150 spent
I can go on and on if you would like...

Members online

Latest posts