Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Name a record/ feat which is "guaranteed" to never be broken

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
There's a bunch but here's mine.

Fernando Tatis hit TWO grand slams in the SAME INNING off the SAME PITCHER!

What's yours?

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
Johnny Vander Meer's 2 consectutive no-hitters.
Almost an impossibilty for someone to throw 3 in a row.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
What about Jack Taylor's mark of 187 consecutive complete games? From June 20, 1901 to August 9, 1906 he never came out of a game, and his 1.33 earned run average in 1902 led the NL.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
There's a bunch but here's mine.

Fernando Tatis hit TWO grand slams in the SAME INNING off the SAME PITCHER!

What's yours?
I read the title and this was the first feat that came to mind before I clicked on the thread.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Alcohol.
The only cure for dinner at in-laws & reading retread threads here

I'll make sure to thoroughly, completely and carefully research every single solitary thread, comment, thought and statement I will make from this point forward.

I'll also give you a heads up before I post any and all threads with the words "leaf", "Brian", "Gray" and "bg" in it because of your "love" them ;)

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Rickey's 130 steals in a season and 1406 for career. Ryan's 7 No-No's. Van der Meer's consecutive No-No's. Cy's wins/losses/complete games. Shutouts (can't remember pitcher). Wins in a season 57? or maybe that was complete games? Tons of old pitching records are untouchable. Pitchers pitch was too much before the bigs now days. Back then they didn't pitch from 9 years old thru every single level and thru the minors for a few years. Feller came right out of high school and I'm sure the others did too. Guys are lucky to pitch as long as they do considering the mileage their arms have on them.

gpenko826

Feb 15, 2011
Cy Young's 511 wins is the safest record in baseball.

The best things I ever heard about the impossibility of beating this record came when Andy Pettitte retired. Someone mentioned that Andy would have to come back and have his career all over again just to come within 20 wins of the record.

Or an even more topical example - Greg Maddux ( widely considered to be he best pitcher of the modern era) would have to come back and pitch 7 more 20 win seasons just to get within one more season of tying the record.

Absolutely mind-blowing how safe that record is...

Greg

Members online

Latest posts