Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Yasiel Puig MLB Network's top RF in the game today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I don't really think too much about the "shredders" list usually but this is just an absolute joke. Here is the list:

1. Yasiel Puig – Los Angeles Dodgers
  2. Ryan Braun – Milwaukee Brewers
  3. Jose Bautista – Toronto Blue Jays
  4. Giancarlo Stanton – Miami Marlins
  5. Allen Craig – St. Louis Cardinals
  6. Carlos Beltran – New York Yankees
  7. Jayson Werth – Washington Nationals
  8. Shane Victorino – Boston Red Sox
  9. Hunter Pence – San Francisco Giants
  10. Jason Heyward – Atlanta Braves

I know Stanton and Bautista have dealt with injuries and Braun (when did he move to RF?) has the suspension but to rank Puig above those 3 after 2/3 of a season? It's not like he put up Mike Trout #'s and the guy needs to GROW UP on top of it. I would easily put the aforementioned 3 above Puig, not to mention Werth, Beltran, Pence, and some guy that didn't even make the top ten that had the highest WAR of all RF last year - Jay Bruce.

What....a.....joke....

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
I can understand the outrage. The other nine guys shouldn't have even been mentioned.

Last edited:

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Jay Bruce has quietly become the best RF on baseball.

He doesn't even get talked about in Cincinnati.

Top 5 Reds discussions in Cincy
1. Dusty Baker (now gone)
2. Phillips antics
3. Votto walks too much
4. Billy Hamilton
5. Chapman starter/closer/trade?

86. Jay Bruce

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Braun is moving to RF for '14. And yeah, seeing him in the Central I'd have Bruce above all of those guys as well

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Jay Bruce has quietly become the best RF on baseball.

He doesn't even get talked about in Cincinnati.

Top 5 Reds discussions in Cincy
1. Dusty Baker (now gone)
2. Phillips antics
3. Votto walks too much
4. Billy Hamilton
5. Chapman starter/closer/trade?

86. Jay Bruce

Jay Bruce got barely a mention on the radio/TV about winning the silver slugger award. He is by far the best RF in baseball in today's game. No runner tries to score home from second on a fly ball to RF because they know he'll throw them out at home.

Fordman

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Bull XXXX

If he played for Kansas City nobody would have any clue who he was.

Hmm, kind of like nobody knows who Hosmer is? Say Miami, or San Diego or Houston if you want. People notice youngsters in KC. Just saying.

Puig won't even be a top 10 RF, IMO. A lot of people are going to seriously regret the money they've put into him this offseason.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
That's pretty embarrassing for the MLB network, not even close.

You'd think ex-players would be less likely to buy the hype. Puig has a lot of potential, but no brain. Probably a ped user as well. Could be a good 5 tool player or a huge flop, with a quick drop.

The brain part scares me more than the talent excites me.

No way he deserved the number one spot in this.

I hope he figures it out.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I post this as a Cardinals Fan.

Jay Bruce not on this list is crazy
Allen Craig played most of 2013 at 1B with only 12 Complete Games at RF.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Hmm, kind of like nobody knows who Hosmer is? Say Miami, or San Diego or Houston if you want. People notice youngsters in KC. Just saying.

Puig won't even be a top 10 RF, IMO. A lot of people are going to seriously regret the money they've put into him this offseason.

Sam's right.

If Hosmer is your example, it doesn't work. If Hosmer was on the Dodgers nobody would care.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Sam's right.

If Hosmer is your example, it doesn't work. If Hosmer was on the Dodgers nobody would care.

Hosmer being on the Dodgers is irrelevant. He said nobody would notice if Puig was in KC. I was saying he's wrong. Anyone recall the astronomical prices on Hosmer chrome autos? They still sell over $100. His point was people wouldn't notice. My argument is that talent gets noticed. Who plays in LA is irrelevant to that argument.

Edit to note- Hosmer is a top 10 player at his position, at the age of 23.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
I'll bet Shane Victorino wouldn't have made this list a year ago. But yeah, Bruce probably should have made the top 10.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I believe they put Allen Craig in the list b/c he, like Braun is projected to play RF and I believe his amazing clutch hitting last year with RISP put him in the middle of the pact. Not that I agree with his placement, but at least is makes sense to some people unlike Puig at 1.

Members online

Latest posts