Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay Horror Story- BANNED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danboone2006

May 22, 2010
Cleveland OH
I've held off on posting this because after 2 hours on the phone with eBay talking to 3 different non english speaking script readers I probably would have posted some angry typo filled rant.

So long story short: I've been BANNED from selling on ebay because of my deceased father's account.

Long story version:
My dad and I have the same name. (different middle name but same first initial) He had an ebay account where he sold a lot of his music stuff, and other things. Apparently at some point before he passed away his DSR's were down so there were limits placed on his account. (I vaguely remember a conversation about this) anyway, he suddenly passed away in 2012. A few months after his death I saw an email come from eBay saying seller account suspended due to not bringing the DSR's up. I figured it wasn't a big deal because it wasn't my account and the banking info connected to the account was closed, so I sent in a request to close the account and forgot about it.

Fast forward to yesterday January 24th 2013 I got a message from eBay saying MY seller account was suspended due to "link to another suspended account" . I called ebay and asked for the username of the account linked to mine and as expected, it was my dads. They told me the same name and address was registered to both accounts which is apparently an eBay no-no. I tried to explain to them that I got my dad's house in his will so naturally I have the same address. I tried explaining this to them, but they just kept reading from the script "I'm sorry sir, but your account is linked to another suspended account" I asked them which paypal accounts were linked to the eBay accounts and they said that it didn't matter. There's a whole bunch more details that I wont bore you with including me offering to scan death certificates, copies of wills etc. that were all responded to with "your account has a link to another suspended account"...

So 2 hours later, the moral of this story is ebay is apparently cracking down on multiple accounts at the same address... and eBay has no problem with shillers, or multiple time non paying buyers, multiple bid retractions, but the WILL NOT accept low DSR's from your deceased family members.

So now I have my listings that are currently listed, but then after those are done I have to go through the trouble of setting up an account in my gf's name and start back up with 0 feedback. ;)

Just another "I hate eBay, but there's no other option out there" story.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Work on selling here while you repair this problem. If selling on eBay is something that you need to do go the written route and use email to communicate with CS and share documents like those you mentioned.

Latest posts