Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What's your favorite "sub-set" card? Why?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Keep seeing all these auto sets or GU sets or die cut, refractor, embossed, gonna give you the same card in 5zillion colored and numbered sets.. What about something that seems to be forgotten these days in all but base topps issues... And IMHO not very well.. The sub set cards..
91 score has a special place as it was the first card product I was able to bust boxes of. The "dream team" and "franchise" subsets were traded heavily between my friends and I. Griffey never left my side
91-3.jpg

Last edited:

mmyers1978

Dec 24, 2013
Michael - I too, remember the subsets in Score products. I love them all as well. I remember when the Canseco "Dream Team" card hit the market, and was worth like $40. Oh how times have changed.

8249770.jpg

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Michael - I too, remember the subsets in Score products. I love them all as well. I remember when the Canseco "Dream Team" card hit the market, and was worth like $40. Oh how times have changed.

Wow, I wish I lived where you did back then, I could have cleaned up. I don't remember anything in that set ever selling for more than a couple bucks, and that was probably the Todd Van Poppel draft pick card. These days, probably the only card to go for more than 10 cents is the Chipper Jones. I always thought those Dream Team cards were a little too Calvin Klein for a baseball card set.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
The 1961 MVP subset has always been my favorite. With the striking red back grounds for former AL MVP's (including Mantle, Fox and Maris) and the bright blue back grounds for the NL MVP's (including Mays, Banks & Aaron), the cards stand out for color. The well known players, plus some that were less known to me when collecting as a 9 year old, made the subset attractive to me.
DANNY

Last edited:

mmyers1978

Dec 24, 2013
The Canseco was definitely a little too Calvin Klein, but the rest of them were pretty cool.

Wow, I wish I lived where you did back then, I could have cleaned up. I don't remember anything in that set ever selling for more than a couple bucks, and that was probably the Todd Van Poppel draft pick card. These days, probably the only card to go for more than 10 cents is the Chipper Jones. I always thought those Dream Team cards were a little too Calvin Klein for a baseball card set.

Members online

Latest posts