Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Turf Opinion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
So the Astrodome sold off square feet pieces of their Astroturf a month or so ago. Now someone is selling 3" squares of it with a "copy" of the certificate from the Astrodome. I really wanted a whole foot when it was being sold off, but didnt have a chance to fly to Houston ;)

What are your thoughts on this listing, where I could get a 3" piece with just a copy of the cert? I mean, how do I know this guy isnt going to Home Depot and cutting up pieces of fake grass? Thoughts?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Astrodome-T...2?pt=US_Baseball_Fan_Shop&hash=item3cdbfabb2e

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I know a guy that is doing the same thing with Metrodome roof. 3x5" pieces and a copy of the cert.

Is there any way to tell the difference? Did they use a special kind of turf or does it all look the same?

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
without a side view of the turf piece, I'd stay away from this listing. If you look at enough side views of astroturf in the various listings for awhile, you get a feel which may be the more legitimate auctions of the greedy who bought a square foot and cut it up into quarters.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
On something like this where it'd be pretty easy to fake it, I'd personally wait for a more trustworthy seller.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
good luck! I got lucky when they cut up the Vets turf they handed them out the next season at a game. i got 2 of these but i only have one now for some reason...it is 6 inches buy 6 inches
zturf.jpg

zturfback.jpg