Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1st Prospect Ceiling Poll - Pick Your Jordan

Which Prospect Has the Higher Ceiling?

• Jordan Zimmermann

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I figured I'd start up one of these polls every so often to gauge just which one of two prospects you think has the higher ceiling and thus, a better chance of making it big in the Majors.

There's been quite a bit of discussion about both Jordan's of late, so let's start there. Cast your votes and feel free to explain if you choose.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Looks close so far.

For the record, I voted Zimm. While Walden's FB is superior (has hit triple digits), he's been projected as a # 2-3 starter by several sources and his slider is labeled as inconsistent; Zimm has a shot at being a #1-2 starter, with a solid curve and an improving changeup.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
I think its a coin flip. Personally, I went with Walden because of his build, his organization, his fastball, and what I've read about his love for the game. I like investing in players that almost can be considered "addicted" to baseball. He's the anti-Homer Bailey when it comes to personality. Being compared to John Lackey doesn't hurt either.

PS: Speaking of addictions. I'm up to 50 elite base auto's. I've got to update my signature.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
Zimmermann. Walden has the better FB, but Zimm's still ranges from the low-mid 90's with some action. Everything else is in Zimm's favor.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
It's close but I voted for Walden! While the two pitching prospect's (Zimm & Wald) can be closely & almost evenly compared, thier big league club's, thier team's fan base, & the chance for them to have a shot at performing on a national stage in the playoff's is not ?

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
Zimmerman by a mile, to me he's the next Mike Mussina. Walden is the Angels next Troy Percival.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Not that it matters much ,but Walden is a year and half younger than Zimmerman. I do agree that Zimmerman is more polished right now ,but the poll was asking about ceiling.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
AKA Coastal said:
Not that it matters much ,but Walden is a 1 year and half younger than Zimmerman. I do agree that Zimmerman is more polished right now ,but the poll was asking about ceiling.

I think Zimm has the higher ceiling. He has more/better secondary pitches, better command, more athleticism and more projection(albeit not a whole lot). Zimm came from cold weather and was actually more of a basketball player in high school I believe, and he was a two-way player at a cold weather DIII school, so I think the year+ difference is negated.

Aug 7, 2008
Maryland
AKA Coastal said:
I think its a coin flip. Personally, I went with Walden because of his build, his organization, his fastball, and what I've read about his love for the game. I like investing in players that almost can be considered "addicted" to baseball. He's the anti-Homer Bailey when it comes to personality. Being compared to John Lackey doesn't hurt either.

PS: Speaking of addictions. I'm up to 50 elite base auto's. I've got to update my signature.[/quote]

You need more!!!!!!!! :D

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
THREADKILLER-crohrer said:
[quote="AKA Coastal":1lraa27d]I think its a coin flip. Personally, I went with Walden because of his build, his organization, his fastball, and what I've read about his love for the game. I like investing in players that almost can be considered "addicted" to baseball. He's the anti-Homer Bailey when it comes to personality. Being compared to John Lackey doesn't hurt either.

PS: Speaking of addictions. I'm up to 50 elite base auto's. I've got to update my signature.[/quote]

You need more!!!!!!!! :D
[/quote:1lraa27d]

I think your stash is the stash of all stashes.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Well were close to 100 votes. Looks like 60/40. If you would have asked me before the pole I would have said 70/30 Zimmerman/Walden. This was a fun poll. Do another one :p

PS: How many more starts do you think Walden and Zimmerman will get in spring training before they are shipped out?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
AKA Coastal said:
Well were close to 100 votes. Looks like 60/40. If you would have asked me before the pole I would have said 70/30 Zimmerman/Walden. This was a fun poll. Do another one :p

PS: How many more starts do you think Walden and Zimmerman will get in spring training before they are shipped out?

Once it gets 150 votes I'll start another one. Not sure about your question, but I'd rather they get reassigned earlier than later - more time to rest before their season really begins.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
AKA Coastal said:

Once it gets 150 votes I'll start another one. Not sure about your question, but I'd rather they get reassigned earlier than later - more time to rest before their season really begins.

Where do you see both of them starting out the season?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
AKA Coastal said:
Jaypers said:
[quote="AKA Coastal":32igyzd1]Well were close to 100 votes. Looks like 60/40. If you would have asked me before the pole I would have said 70/30 Zimmerman/Walden. This was a fun poll. Do another one :p

Where do you see both of them starting out the season?[/quote:32igyzd1]

Zimm will likely start in AAA Syracuse and get called up mid-season.

Walden, probably AA Arkansas Travelers. Possible Sept. callup, if he does well.

Members online

Latest posts