Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anybody read or get the new Sports Illustrated?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I got it today and its got a really good story about Albert Pujols in there.Not exactly a big revelation or anything but I think I kinda needed something like that right about now.In my mind...he's about all we have left and if he goes down...I am not sure what to say.Baseball will be really bad for me.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
There was a lengthy thread on this in the last 2-4 days, i did a quick search for the thread but i couldn't find it.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
I hate to say it, but I have a hard time putting him or anyone else for that matter in the "clean" category. Whether we'll ever know for sure about him or everyone else that played before the steroids scrutiny blew up, who knows.

I just have a hard time clinging to one player or another for baseball's salvation from the roids scandal, when I believe most were on something...be it roids, HGH, amphetamines, or some other illegal PED.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
WoundedDuck said:
I hate to say it, but I have a hard time putting him or anyone else for that matter in the "clean" category. Whether we'll ever know for sure about him or everyone else that played before the steroids scrutiny blew up, who knows.

I just have a hard time clinging to one player or another for baseball's salvation from the roids scandal, when I believe most were on something...be it roids, HGH, amphetamines, or some other illegal PED.

I hear ya but all I am saying is if it were to come out that even Pujols was involved...I'd feel very broken about baseball.I mean we need to have at least one good guy who is exactly what he appears to be(which is clean and legit).Take this away and who knows how long it will take for this to go away.We will basically know that every really good baseball player of our generation was in fact a cheat.I am not one to harp over personal off the field issues but I like to at least think some of these guys can be clean on the field.

Albert is the greatest one left standing.Take him away and then what do we have left?

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Jeff N. said:
We have Ryan Howard. And that's all we need.

Ryan Howard is a good Homerun hitter but he is not as good of a hitter as Pujols and I would like to think nobody would try to argue that.Pujols is way better at the plate than Howard and in a tough spot in the 9th inning down by a run or so with people on base and two outs...I'd rather have Pujols up there than any other player playing right now.Howard....not so much.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
G $MONEY$ said:
There was a lengthy thread on this in the last 2-4 days, i did a quick search for the thread but i couldn't find it.

Neither could I so this is why I posted.Sorry if it was brought up before.

Members online

Latest posts