Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Photo of the Day Saturday March 15, 2013 Clemente and the 1960 World Series GREAT PHOTO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
In doing research for a photo of the day I posted earlier this week regarding the 1960 World Series I ran across this one but couldnt find where I had saved it. After being forced to clean out my computer due to a virus hitting it I found this photo again and thought I would post it here. I do apologize for posting two pictures of the same World Series in one week but I felt that this photo was so cool you guys would let it slide this once.

I will not provide any narrative on this one and let all the baseball detectives figure out the particulars of the photo.

I hope you enjoy today's photo of the day.

forbesfield1960_zps9d8e014d.jpg

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
if only the broadcast was as cool as this photo..... COLOR!!! ;)

Edit: I wonder what is up with the bunting - some are your traditional half-circle bunting, others look like bunting "flags". At first, I thought maybe they were puerto rico flags put up by clemente fans on the railings but after looking up the Puerto Rico flag, they aren't.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts