Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Better "bucking the trend" spring start:

Better "bucking the trend" spring start:

• Brandon Wood's 2 strikeouts in 30 at bats.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
For me it was fairly easy...Brandon Wood.

All of the others have shown what they can do in the Majors...Wood has not, so to me, this spring he is indeed bucking the trend for him.

Oh, and no, I don't believe that it will carry over into the season...and yes, I'm an Angels fan.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
Francoeur's is much less impressive because he has

Zero doubles
Zero Triples
Zero Homeruns.

Sounds like he's chokin' and pokin'

Brandon Wood's performance is way more impressive

3 doubles,
1 triple
2 homeruns

All while cutting his K's down to an excellent level

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
Also,

Tuiasosopo is leading the majors in total bases.

2004 Bowman Chrome draft will rise again.

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
You jinxed Jeff, he struck out today. Also got a hit though. I'll take all the singles and the HR he's hit and the 6 walks. Hopefully the new stance and approach pay off this season.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Mudcatsfan said:
Francoeur's is much less impressive because he has

Zero doubles
Zero Triples
Zero Homeruns.

Sounds like he's chokin' and pokin'

Brandon Wood's performance is way more impressive

3 doubles,
1 triple
2 homeruns

All while cutting his K's down to an excellent level

LOL That certainly changes things. I was just going off of given info and haven't kept up with ST because of WBC. Can I take my vote back? :lol:

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I say Bailey although some of the others would seem more impressive.I just remember watching him play and seeing a total meltdown I had kinda lost hope for him.Now if he could just lose the attitude.

card-treasury

Aug 11, 2008
predatorkj said:
I say Bailey although some of the others would seem more impressive.I just remember watching him play and seeing a total meltdown I had kinda lost hope for him.Now if he could just lose the attitude.

I wore #58 as a DE because of that man in your signature.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
card-treasury said:
predatorkj said:

I wore #58 as a DE because of that man in your signature.

Yeah.He was quite a monster wasn't he?I just wish I had personally seen him play and actually remembered it.I am sure I did at one point in time in my very early days.My grandmother used to religiously watch football on t.v. and if there was a game she was watching.She used to baby sit me while my mom and dad worked so I am sure I unknowingly watched him lay a few people out. :D

Adam G

Jan 25, 2009
I think what it all means is that spring training pitching has been especially weak this year thanks to the WBC. When guys like Jeff Francoeur and Brandon Wood are posting those kind of strikeout totals, you know somethings off.

Members online

Latest posts