Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

If 2014 topps tek varies too much from the originals....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Will you care?

Meaning, if the cards are not acetate or are made of regular paper or have just a few design variations, will you buy it?

I'm thinking they will not be acetate because of the cost but do expect them to be chrome-like, at minimum similar to bowman platinum.

I just hope they don't screw the pooch and use heritage stock with 3 design variations :eek:

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Will I care? Yes. It doesn't HAVE to be a dead copy of any of the first 3. As you alluded to, needs to be enough versions to chase (that are all different enough from each other) but not so many that the product crashes out of the gate. I'm gonna be upset if it's not acetate, but if it isn't there better be some new technology or twist going on

Side note: how did Topps NOT tie in a "design a pattern" contest into this?

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
Topps TEK, as in tech, technology, etc is what I always understood the set to be about. They don't have to be acetate, but I would hope they have some type of 'cutting edge' look to them. If they're going to be just plain paper base with X variations, might as well call it Moments & Milestones 2014.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
If they aren't acetate, I'll chew up the few packs I buy and crap out a sinewy mess of digested paper products...and call it Leaf Piles of History (w/ buy backs!)

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
I think this is about the only release I am half way interested in this year. Curious to see the checklist to see if there is anyone in it I collect. May chase whatever Cubs that show up in it anyways.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I think the 2 defining features of Tek is the acetate and the umpteen variations. If either isn't present, it isn't Tek. But i'm sure it'll be acetate. They've been making acetate inserts and parallels for a while now in various brands for a few years now and they're really popular.

Members online

Latest posts