Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Any prospectors concerned that Mookie Betts is too small and weighs 156 lbs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
I know Altuve is the smallest in the league but he is a second baseman and Betts plays outfield......what does everyone think? I'm not sure he's big league material because of size and the everyday grind of the big leagues.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
"I'd rather be the shortest player in the Majors than the tallest player in the minors." - Freddie Patek in The Cultural Encyclopedia of Baseball (1999)

Altuve, Pedroia, etc...need I say more? If the kid can play then size does not matter. I'm confident he will prove a lot of guys wrong, just like the naysayers when Pedroia was drafted by the Red Sox.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
"I'd rather be the shortest player in the Majors than the tallest player in the minors." - Freddie Patek in The Cultural Encyclopedia of Baseball (1999)

Altuve, Pedroia, etc...need I say more? If the kid can play then size does not matter. I'm confident he will prove a lot of guys wrong, just like the naysayers when Pedroia was drafted by the Red Sox.

I'm confident he will prove a lot of guys wrong, just like Jackie Bradley and his .200 BA.

But in all seriousness, I think he will definitely be better than Bradley but from what I've seen I don't think Betts has the staying power, but I guess we will see soon enough!

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Being 5'9" and 156 lbs is a lot more durable and sturdy than a player who is 6'0" and 170 lbs.
In fact, Betts' compactness means he can probably handle slams into outfield walls better.
The only negative is he won't be able to rob some home runs, but that didn't stop Kirby Puckett from making highlight reels.

Members online

Latest posts