Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A Career Ended By A Common Virus

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I have completed a new interview with former Astros pitcher Mark Knudson. Imagine a common disease that over 50% of the population has ending your career. He lived it. Mark Knudson Interview.

As always, I love feedback.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
What's this, a Milwaukee connection? Next you'll tell me you're interviewing Billy Spiers and Keith Ginter! Great read on a great guy!

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Cool write up. I've never even heard of cytomegalovirus. Odd how that turned out.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I had never heard of it either. I didn't put it in the article because Knudson will read it, but I found out that CMV is brought on from ******. So, yeah. The downfall of being an athlete hounded by skanks.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I had never heard of it either. I didn't put it in the article because Knudson will read it, but I found out that CMV is brought on from ******. So, yeah. The downfall of being an athlete hounded by skanks.

Well your blog isn't a medical blog so that's fine but not all ****** are of the genital variety. Almost everyone you know carries a ****** virus but the word certainly carries negative connotations

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
If I remember correctly, everyone carries ****** in their body and certain catalysts can trigger symptoms. No shame there.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Well your blog isn't a medical blog so that's fine but not all ****** are of the genital variety. Almost everyone you know carries a ****** virus but the word certainly carries negative connotations

The only relation is that they are from the same family, but same is chicken pox for example, so no thing wrong there.

The usual "bad ******" are 1 and 2. 3 is chicken pox and ****** zoster, 4 is Epstein Barr (mono), 5 is cytomegalovirus and so on. And not everyone carries ******, but if you get infected once, it is for life. For example, any of us that have had chicken pox, will never get it again, but we can get shingles as it is from the same virus and we will carry it all our lives.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
The three websites I used to figure out what the heck that virus is said that it is like chicken pox or ****** and is typically transmitted by sexual contact. Hence why I said like ******. But, I didn't put it in the actual article, so it's all good :D

inceptus

Apr 22, 2012
Great article!

One minor (non-medical) piece of nitpicking: Charlie Kerfeld was not a starter for the 1986 Astros. He appeared in 61 games that year, all in relief.

Members online