Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is it time to start talking about Jose Abreu in MVP discussions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
With Abreu on fire over the last month or so he's now at .307/31/86 on the season. With the way he's come on and the fact that Trout has cooled a bit I think it may be time to start mentioning Abreu in discussions for AL MVP. I think Trout is still in the lead (and I think if it is close Trout will win as many voters feel he should have won it the last two seasons) but for the first time in a couple of months I think it may be a 2-horse race.

Amazing rookie season for Abreu who has an outside shot of breaking McGwire's record for homers by a rookie (49)

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
ditto, too early. It's not called the dog days of august/september for nothing. We'll have to see if Abreu has enough energy to finish the season decently or if nagging injuries/fatigue will make his stats crash over the final 2 months of the season.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Abreu has the best overall stats in the AL and actually has a shot at the Triple Crown if he gets hot and some of batting average leaders slump a little.

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
YES. Finally some Abreu convo. My abreu thread died a while back. He is a beast

Dont forget he was also on the DL for 2 weeks and is still leading the league and baseball in multiple categories.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
This far in to the season, it is absolutely time to begin the discussion. Obviously there are others as well in the mix, but to have a discussion about potential MVP candidates and not include Abreu at this point would be fruitless. Amazing RC season for sure! Also, if he can stay healthy through the rest of the year, and continue on a similar pace, he would be in the mid 40's for a HR total so it is not completely out of the realm of possibility to catch and/or break the record of 49. Highly unlikely? Perhaps.... But I think he is in as good a position to make a run for it than anyone of recent memory.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts