Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone used to participate in email auctions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
In the late 90s, early 00s, there used to be several email auctions sent out by individuals (not auction companies).

The one I used to buy the most from was "the professor" (I'm thinking "keithinmo" or something like that)

Anyone here recall doing these?

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Yep I bought plenty of cards through email auctions in the late-90's on AOL. They seemed to die out fairly quickly once ebay really caught on.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
The best lot I ever won was a 20 something card lot of 02 prospect premieres Matt Pender solely to "redeem" them.

I had read that since the card pictured granderson, ud would correct it if you sent it to them during a time period.

I think I sent all of them and got the same amount back as the corrected versions which never were inserted into packs (extremely few actually sent them for correction).

The corrected versions are legit hard to find usually and through the years I've sold most of them for nice money.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
The foil is actually refractor like, not silver like every other card.

Attachments

• 1410544950772.jpg
    1410544950772.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 7
Jan 14, 2009
The foil is actually refractor like, not silver like every other card.
Is it true that a back variation exists? That aside from the "silver" back, a gold version also exists? I believe I read that on this forum or maybe the CU boards. If so, I'd love to see a comparison scan.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Is it true that a back variation exists? That aside from the "silver" back, a gold version also exists? I believe I read that on this forum or maybe the CU boards. If so, I'd love to see a comparison scan.

I remember reading something like that too.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts