Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is The Ginter Code a failure?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny G

Sep 29, 2008
Jersey Shore
I am currently doing it, but it seems like a small group doing it. Anyone here think it is a waste of time or do you quietly partake?

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Just my humble observation, but it seems that every year since it has come out you have seen less and less talk and/or collaboration online about it. On the surface one could think this equates to less interest but I honestly just think people are getting smarter and keeping it closer to the vest.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
I think part of it is in part to them not promoting it as much. I didnt even know there was one this year until they said at the natty that it hasnt been broken yet.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
The whole twitter thing keeps people away as well. If you check the ginter code stats for their twitter account, there are very few that even get the 'tweet'. Yet Topps didnt even tweet about it for months and just about thought it was abandoned.

As for solving it, I dont think many are interested or smart enough to try. I read the 2013 solution on a blog and I have no idea what the blogger had typed and couldnt make heads or tales out of it. Either the blogger didnt explain himself very well or it just went over my head.

Besides, most are in it for the cards anyway and really couldnt care less!

Fordman

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I don't understand the Ginter Code or how you go about breaking it or solving it, etc. Is there a site that explains the rules or what it is?!

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
As a marketing tool and a way to create buzz I do think its kind of dead. It's too complicated for most people to be involved and it if people are working on it privately that does not get it much attention. I think with some tweaks it could be utilized better.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
I think the whole Ginter product is getting old, and the code is boring at this point. Virtually the same exact product every year.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Not sure it's a failure but I would never even attempt to try to put it together. It's way too complicated.

Apr 23, 2012
New Orleans
Topps could keep it interesting / fresh / new and drum up interest every year ... but they don't

This is the type of thing that card companies should be all over (brand loyalty, online engagement, direct link to digital platform, crowdsourced marketing) but Topps is not the most savvy company.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Breaking that code takes a special mind(s) so don't kick yourselves dudes as no offense none of you could do it anyway.

Three? Maybe four total people/groups have broken it in all the years combined.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Calculusdork over on the Blowout boards (+ a few other people) solved the 2013 code, and it took over a year to do so. Go to this link and read the solution, it's actually a very good read:

http://joeyfurtscon.blogspot.com/

Once you're done reading this you will understand why you won't want to attempt it this year.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
While I understand the winners were just playing the game as it was laid out, I do love some of their colorful language. Crowd sourcing and reverse engineering? We used to call that stealing and copying.

Again not saying anything bad about the winners, more a slight on the game itself which they clearly explained in their follow up.

Members online

Latest posts