Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Worst Umpires of 2014 stats released

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Umpire Auditor now has the 2014 umpires and their various stats (largest percentage of correct calls, number of incorrect calls, number of correct calls, total calls):

http://www.umpireauditor.com/#/umpires/ranking/2014

interesting to note that Joe West, the worst umpire on the list who has 2500 or more calls, is the crew chief for the 2014 ALCS.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
The calls behind the plate in both nl/al playoffs this year have been brutal.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I would've guessed CB Buckner to be a lot lower than where he was. Angel Hernandez is awful too.

Sig40cal

Jul 23, 2012
Atlantic Highlands, NJ
It should be like premiership football/soccer. The worst performers in the bigs get sent down and the guys that performed the best in the minors should get a bump up to the bigs. Done every single year.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
It should be like premiership football/soccer. The worst performers in the bigs get sent down and the guys that performed the best in the minors should get a bump up to the bigs. Done every single year.

Silly unions would block this like they block anything that forces workers to be accountable to perform at a high level but this really is a great idea.

Expand it from low A all the way through to the bigs. Top ten move up, top ten move down from each level. An ump moves down three total levels, they are fired.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
Don't they have some stupid rule where an umpire can only work one postseason series each year, no matter how good of an umpire they are? I thought I'd read that somewhere but don't remember the specifics of it. So if Paul Schrieber, the best rated ump, was to work the Wild Card play-in game then he couldn't work the World Series.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
Aside from acting like a general *******, I've always thought Joe West was an awful umpire. He searches for opportunities to insert his personality into the game instead of simply doing his job. Just call balls and strikes, tell us if it's fair or foul, call plays on the bases, and keep the game moving. Aside from that please just stand there, Joe.

Members online

Latest posts